# 21
12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
are they out yet??? i have looked but nothing
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celendis View Post
It is generally believed that the warp scale was adjusted because as ships got faster, it was unwieldy to refer to speeds as warp 9.xx. The Enterprise-D and Pasteur traveled at warp 13 in the incident concerning the temporal anomaly in the Devron system. (TNG: "All Good Things...")
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Warp_factor
http://youtu.be/299d23UY3Ig

That and .02 in a linear scale in this game is nothing. Warp 13 for the MACO engine! It is a canon number and it wouldn't even be the fastest engine.

Edit: Video proof of the Pasteur
All good things shood not be taken for anything. It was a test that Q was giving Picard. There is no sugestion that any of it actually happaned. As a matter of fact "All Good Things" is the least likley of all the future epsiodes of Star Trek. (We also know this alt reaility cannot happen because the Enterprise-D crashed on Viridian III.)
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
seems to me that warp 13 thing seen in AGT is just a renaming of the more well known 9.99etc... ships by then may be able to travel at speeds of 9.99785 or something, ordering your con officer to travel at that speed would start to be a mouthful.

i think the new system renames speeds to looks more like this

9.9=10
9.99=11
9.999=12
9.9999=13

the way they handle warp in sector space in game is, ehem, incorrect. ships aren't supposed to sprint full boor at all times, it is well established that there is a cruise speed, that is the max speed the ship could fly forever until it ran out of fuel. there's also a max cruise speed, the max speed a ship can fly at for 12 strait hours. the max sprint speed, the 9+ warp factors your at all the time in game. those speeds should be the absolute max the ship can safely travel at for short periods of time.

i would propose that the actual speed you travel in game not be changed, just the number you see above your speed indicator. you should be cruising at between warp 6 and 8 as you level, and have a warp sprint power that works like the slipstream power that boosts your speed into the warp 9.9+ range for 30 seconds, and you should have that ability from the very beginning. of course slip stream should be faster then that boost, and should remain a VA reward. just a little thing they could do to improve the trekyness of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
the old borg gear is still way better then any of the new gear. free heals and faster speed.... and now theyre cheaper to get too... -sighs-
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
the old borg gear is still way better then any of the new gear. free heals and faster speed.... and now theyre cheaper to get too... -sighs-
yes they are really disappointing, especially the fed version. come on, +1 to every system for the shield? it might as well NOT be there. and the 2 set bonus is even worse: +10 to warp core potenial? it has to be a joke.

The omega force impulse engines say they give a tactical advantage to a starship, but its stats are beyond underwhelming... its just nothing special at all.

The omega shield will be useful to fed cruisers since it buffs turn rate, gotta love how cryptic gives the fed cruisers terrible turn rates.

And I can see the first omega set bonus (extra tetryon damage added to all energy weapons) being useful to science ships in both factions given how their tendency for low DPS. But this is dependant on how much damage is actually given.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
The only way Cryptic will make me use any of the other space sets is if they remove the heals from the retro borg set or make a new set that have better ones, because those heals have saved me so many times it's not even funny..
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maloverci View Post
Hello,

shouldn't be the M.A.C.O. Impulse Engine faster then a normal Engine with Warp 9.97.
At the moment it has the same speed in Secto Space.
First of all, impulse engines and warp engines are separate. They use separate generators and entirely different fuel, so that doesn't even make sense. Secondly, your top warp speed is dependent on your character's level, not any items you have equipped. The only exceptions are ships with transwarp built into them, but you have to buy those from the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
yes they are really disappointing, especially the fed version. come on, +1 to every system for the shield? it might as well NOT be there. and the 2 set bonus is even worse: +10 to warp core potenial? it has to be a joke.

The omega force impulse engines say they give a tactical advantage to a starship, but its stats are beyond underwhelming... its just nothing special at all.

The omega shield will be useful to fed cruisers since it buffs turn rate, gotta love how cryptic gives the fed cruisers terrible turn rates.

And I can see the first omega set bonus (extra tetryon damage added to all energy weapons) being useful to science ships in both factions given how their tendency for low DPS. But this is dependant on how much damage is actually given.
Except the current iteration of tetryon Glider is either broken or provides no percievable way to see if it is working. Agreed that the Stats on the M.A.C.O. set are down right underwhelming. Love how it looks and that it is a resilient shield. Good Capacity too.

As for Warp engines being a separate system vs. the Impulse Engines. Very True. However as a game mechanic Cryptic has never offered a "Warp Core" slot for warp travel. Which is sort of a shame really. There are all sorts of neat tech Cores that could be added for a trek feel.

Not to mention the C-store aspect of special cores for space travel, with an interior model, a great dilithium sink for their F2P model I could go on and on about why it should come about. I think the M.A.C.O. engines and Omega engines should be on par or slightly better in some way than the Borg engines. Especially the Omega engines as they are "Built for speed".