Lt. Commander
# 21
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
Fantastic!

I am going to buy some DOFFs and additional DOFF space, not because I need them, but because I want to show my support to Cryptic for the hard work that has gone into this part of the game.

I would have been happy with much less than what the DOFF system has now become, but because of Heretic's hard work and constant attention to detail (and listening to feedback) it has become a game in its own right, and helped make STO a better overall experience.

Thank you!
You just made my blood sugar rise, I'm gonna have to take me insulin now.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
Fantastic!

I am going to buy some DOFFs and additional DOFF space, not because I need them, but because I want to show my support to Cryptic for the hard work that has gone into this part of the game.

I would have been happy with much less than what the DOFF system has now become, but because of Heretic's hard work and constant attention to detail (and listening to feedback) it has become a game in its own right, and helped make STO a better overall experience.

Thank you!
Considering the truly horrible grab bags, I'd rather just write a check to Heretic. The rest of Cryptic hasn't impressed me lately, quite the contrary.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-15-2011, 07:21 PM
I spent the money, but I have to say a few things.

1) its superlame that they also don't alllow us to get more assignment slots when we rank up in doff xp. They should at least grant us some way to temporarily boost how many assignments we can send people on.

After all, I've got 7 times the numbers of assignments slots of available doffs. 120 people sitting on their collective behinds. They have GOT to be useful somehow. At least half should.

2) While I paid for it, I feel that the cost of doff extra slots is RIDICUOUSLY HIGH. This is absurd. You want me to spend $6 on 100 virtual slots that you won't even let me assign on more than the 20 slots we start with? What little value I am getting for my hard earned dollars.

The cost is truly too much and you don't deserve it Cryptic. Not for such a meaningless thing. Give us some extra appointment slots when we buy these extra doff slots.

+100 doffs slots gives you +10 assignment slots? Hows that for fair.

Just my two cents.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Un-(expletive removed)-believeable.

I am SO disappointed (again) with this obvious MONEY grab..

The extra Doff storage space is a GREAT idea, but the cost is ... TOO HIGH !!!

Just to get an extra 100 slots for my nine (9) active toons would take more than a YEARS worth of stipend.

So, thanks, but no thanks.... I WON'T be getting any...
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
Un-(expletive removed)-believeable.

I am SO disappointed (again) with this obvious MONEY grab..

The extra Doff storage space is a GREAT idea, but the cost is ... TOO HIGH !!!

Just to get an extra 100 slots for my nine (9) active toons would take more than a YEARS worth of stipend.

So, thanks, but no thanks.... I WON'T be getting any...
Just so we're clear, your logic is if you cant afford to buy something 9 times you wont buy it once?
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just so we're clear, your logic is if you cant afford to buy something 9 times you wont buy it once?
No.. My reason is thus :- I have nine (9) active toons * 580 = 5,220 Cpoints...

Plus "if" I maxed each toon out, it would cost 20,880 Cpoints.

I can afford it as RL money is not the issue, but that amount of cash on something "virtual" is ridiculous...

End of...
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Sorry, but I won't support the money grab behavior this game is going into.
Cryptic has not released any new content so far exept the winterland, so they don't deserve my money.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-16-2011, 07:21 AM
well... you don't have to max it out... i'd guess 200 is already more than enough for everything.
100 should be enough for most anyway.

it's an OPTION if you are super nerdy into DOff's than you can max it to 400.

not interesting to me AT THE MOMENT
right now i am thinking more of buying some inventory slots, for all my 7 chars... with the stipend and dilithium exchanged to c-points... probably when it's on the next 20% sale....

because the DOff system and all the *collect items instead of currency* approach lately, my inventory gets so full that i need to constantly clear it... and thats just annoying by now.
i spend more time micromanaging than playing *sigh*

more inventory would mean less trips to ESD to clean up... = more time to boldly go, collecting dilithium
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Why would you need more duty officer space?
Someone was complaining in another thread that they ran out of DOff space.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
No.. My reason is thus :- I have nine (9) active toons * 580 = 5,220 Cpoints...

Plus "if" I maxed each toon out, it would cost 20,880 Cpoints.

I can afford it as RL money is not the issue, but that amount of cash on something "virtual" is ridiculous...

End of...
Why would you think that something like this is meant for players with a lot of toons. It's for someone who can micromanage their DOffs to a significant level which means only a couple toons at most actually keeping fully assigned out with DOffs. Not everything in the C-Store should need to be designed to appeal to you specifically in price or usability.