Lt. Commander
# 21
02-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGreth
I personally had figured the white would keep them from being assimilated anyway, too much effort for the borg, nobody else was really able to synthesize ketracel white.. That was kind of the point.
practice makes perfect.... with all the borg drones and shared minds..

i'm pretty sure they can spend 2 seconds with the brains of the entire collective to figure it out. IF they truly wish to assimilate the race cause they believe it will bring them closer to perfection
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-16-2011, 12:32 AM
there is a dron like that in an alcove in the new khitomer accord
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-16-2011, 01:55 AM
I can't help it.

I find it funny no one remembers this.. So i'll post it for you. SERIOUS potential spoilers here, so i'll change the text to black, just heighlight it to see...

BEGIN SPOILER

JH ships are appearing everywhere, completely empty. When attempting to contact the Dominion about this we get -No Response-

Ships, Probes and Messages sent thru the wormhole to contact the Dominion report -No contact-

The JH/Founders that ally with the cardasians are the ALPHA quadrent versions, the one stuck on this side.

-- NO ONE.... HAS HEARD... FROM THE DOMINION... THE REAL DOMINION...IN AWHILE. --

"We are the Borg, lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own ~Resistance is Futile~"

'But the JH can't be Assimilated,' you say.

"Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created. But, now they are all Borg. " - Borg Queen

I see it like this. The Borg attacked a weakened Dominion and won. Founders, like Undine, could not be assimilated, and so they were destroyed. However the Vorta were not so lucky. The Vorta know how to make KCW, and the Borg probably siezed a lot of it when assimilating various dominion ships and worlds.

The dominion no longer exists. Its -gone-.

Other possable explinations to the KCW/JH Borg thing..

A Lack of KCW causes JK bodies to break down and die. however.. what do Borg Nanoprobes do? Repair the body and keep it in optimum functioning order.. Thus... with the right amount of Nanoprobes one could counteract a lack of KCW, add in regeneration in an alcove, which greatly speeds up this process, and a JH drone is very possable even without KCW.

END SPOILERS

And i leave you with these thoughts.

"You like having friends, don't you? Assimilation turns us all into friends. In fact, it brings us so close together, we can hear each other's thoughts."
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakai View Post
... they do not require food in the traditional sense of putting plants and meat into a mouth and digesting.
I'm glad you specified exactly what the traditional sense of eating is.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-16-2011, 06:00 AM
I really hope that in the new FE series we get a chance to learn what is happening in the Gamma Quadrant. As for the assimilated Jem'Hadar:

I think the borg Jem'Hadar are no problem. Borg assimilated Jem'hadar, learn about the white addiction, they know about the white, they have samples of the white, they learn its compound and how to synthesize it. Just because the federation couldn't replicated it doesn't mean someone else couldn't.

Heck, if they got ahold of a single Jem'hadar ship they probably would have learned everything they needed to know to maintain Jem'hadar drones. It's reasonable to assume that their advanced medical capabilities could have even figured out what exactly the white provided the Jem'hadar and then just directly injected said nutrients/chemicals into the Jem'hadar drones.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedrinnar View Post
I can't help it.

I find it funny no one remembers this.. So i'll post it for you. SERIOUS potential spoilers here, so i'll change the text to black, just heighlight it to see...

BEGIN SPOILER

JH ships are appearing everywhere, completely empty. When attempting to contact the Dominion about this we get -No Response-

Ships, Probes and Messages sent thru the wormhole to contact the Dominion report -No contact-

The JH/Founders that ally with the cardasians are the ALPHA quadrent versions, the one stuck on this side.

-- NO ONE.... HAS HEARD... FROM THE DOMINION... THE REAL DOMINION...IN AWHILE. --

"We are the Borg, lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own ~Resistance is Futile~"

'But the JH can't be Assimilated,' you say.

"Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created. But, now they are all Borg. " - Borg Queen

I see it like this. The Borg attacked a weakened Dominion and won. Founders, like Undine, could not be assimilated, and so they were destroyed. However the Vorta were not so lucky. The Vorta know how to make KCW, and the Borg probably siezed a lot of it when assimilating various dominion ships and worlds.

The dominion no longer exists. Its -gone-.

Other possable explinations to the KCW/JH Borg thing..

A Lack of KCW causes JK bodies to break down and die. however.. what do Borg Nanoprobes do? Repair the body and keep it in optimum functioning order.. Thus... with the right amount of Nanoprobes one could counteract a lack of KCW, add in regeneration in an alcove, which greatly speeds up this process, and a JH drone is very possable even without KCW.

END SPOILERS

And i leave you with these thoughts.

"You like having friends, don't you? Assimilation turns us all into friends. In fact, it brings us so close together, we can hear each other's thoughts."
The missing ships don't necessarily have something to do with the JH drones, as the Borg mission featuring Q and the USS Saragota already had a JH drone when the game launched. This is proof that JH were already assimlated before the Wolf incident. (The drone was TNG style)
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-16-2011, 06:25 AM
The other thing you have to remember is that the empty Jem'Hadar ships currently being found in the Alpha Quadrant are *eplictedly* stated to be a model that was in service during the Dominion War. In other words, a ship that is now at least 35 years old. Not to mention the "neutrino signatures" they've been found in/on their hulls...

As others have said, this may have something to do with the upcoming Featured Episode that due to be released in the near future. And may deal with the fate of the Dominion reinforcements that disappeared at the end of "Sacrifice of Angels" (DS9).
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Assimilated Jem'hadar are ingame. One or two appear during the Vega colony tutorial, and during KA ground if you look in the alcoves there are some in there.

edit: Before the STF updates I spotted said drone in the alcove and commented about it to my team.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-16-2011, 07:13 AM
The new featured eps are set round ds9 and that you would go threw the worm hole to the gamma quadrant for some of them this has all ready been stated by cryptic. Also if you check out the new free to play trailer and starting video of sto they state that a new dominion threat is rising.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-16-2011, 07:14 AM
In Star Trek Armada, one of the missions as the Borg is to capture a Dominion cloning facility to make a clone of Locutus. The ability to grow tactical drones in mass would be a huge bonus to the collective in general.