Lt. Commander
# 11
12-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Personally I like it that they are applying patches to bugs as soon as they have the new build ready instead of making everybody wait until the weekly patch time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
Personally I like it that they are applying patches to bugs as soon as they have the new build ready instead of making everybody wait until the weekly patch time.
I bet they are patching while you're still asleet or at work/schoold/whatever?

HOWEVER... This is not just about patching, especially since it seems theres no patch for today... It's the obvious sign of poor management and bad techies wich is anoying.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
What about 1 or 2 days as compensation for lost game time?
I have lost much game time due to this maintenance breaks since they fall exactly into the time frame when I'm home from work
With what? More gametime in what is a soon a "free-to-get-ganked-unless-you-invest-300-bugs-for-a-pay-to-win-ship game anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You've got to be kidding me...

What are you running as server, since it needs this much downtime? Mac? Commodore 64?
If that were a Mac server it would actually work.

I mean... 1 week after a major update I can understand that but we are several weeks after it now and AGAIN you shut down the server in the middle of the friday-best-time-to-play period here in Europe.

I mean really... to my knowledge there are SEVERAL testservers to ensure NOT to push broken builds like on thursday just to put down the servers on the weekend.

That level of incompetence is almost funny.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
If that were a Mac server it would actually work.
No it would'n, since STO is not build for Mac, and I honestly doubt the STO host runs on mac either.

Quote:
That level of incompetence is almost funny.
No its not... It's disgusting and sad.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
No it would'n, since STO is not build for Mac, and I honestly doubt the STO host runs on mac either.
The game is running fine on my mac. And since Mac is generally more stable then... everything windows relatet... But thats a completly diffrent debate...

Quote:
No its not... It's disgusting and sad.
Well you now... after everything what happened arround here during the last month... I'm over being angry. Its a waste of energy. If I'd stay personally involved enough to feel any more sadness or disgust over how Crytic dismantles my once beloved game in basicly every possible fassion... I'd go crazy about something I cant change anyway.
I'm just here to kill some time until my TOR early access arrives, I can do that with Skyrim too.

Why bothering with, I comparison, a prety minor express of that already known incompetence?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Quote:
With what? More gametime in what is a soon a "free-to-get-ganked-unless-you-invest-300-bugs-for-a-pay-to-win-ship game anyway?

Right, just forget about this . A small Dilithium stipend could do the job, too.
But as shown on more on one ocaasian love to kill the game during prime time sessions so subscribers are runnign away from it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-16-2011, 03:57 AM
While it is annoying, especially since I'm from the UK, i dont mind them running maintenance and or patches. Anything to clear down the bugs and make the game more stable.

Also with the Christmas Holidays and New Years, i would think Cryptic will be running on limited staffing levels, so its better to have these out of the way rather than the servers slowing or even going down during this time and it taking a whole day to get back to normal.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Right, just forget about this . A small Dilithium stipend could do the job, too.
But as shown on more on one ocaasian love to kill the game during prime time sessions so subscribers are runnign away from it.
Well.... suscribers are running away because of things like the respec issue or "the bug" anyway. They dont care. At all.
They care for the f2p people that are coming. Not about the current comunity, if it was for cryptic, we could all leave... well... major part does and did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldey View Post
While it is annoying, especially since I'm from the UK, i dont mind them running maintenance and or patches. Anything to clear down the bugs and make the game more stable.

Also with the Christmas Holidays and New Years, i would think Cryptic will be running on limited staffing levels, so its better to have these out of the way rather than the servers slowing or even going down during this time and it taking a whole day to get back to normal.
Well...
1. Last weeks downtime was not about stability. It was to avoid an "exploit" that gave people after A LOT of work a MINIMAL chance to get a red gift without paying in C-Store for it. For they did put down servers in our primetime for hours.
2. Patches for stability could easly be avoided by doing it right IN THE F**** FIRST PLACE. They had the chance to do it right yesterday or in ANY of the other felt 2000 downtimes during the last weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-16-2011, 04:16 AM
I don't understand users. They have an issue with Cryptic not fixing bugs and when they do they also have an issue. It is annoying but at least they are finally doing what we pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-16-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
2. Patches for stability could easly be avoided by doing it right IN THE F**** FIRST PLACE. They had the chance to do it right yesterday or in ANY of the other felt 2000 downtimes during the last weeks.
Trust me, you can test and test until the cows come home, but you can't work out all the kinks with a system as complex as an MMO until you see how it reacts under production load.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffyace View Post
I don't understand users. They have an issue with Cryptic not fixing bugs and when they do they also have an issue. It is annoying but at least they are finally doing what we pay for.
Entitlement, that's what it is. People want to have their cake and eat it, which (short of getting a replicator) isn't possible.
Closed Thread