Lt. Commander
# 111
12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo94
580cp for 100 more text doff slots.... This should not be that high...
Ouch, that is pretty high.

Well, I don't plan to get this on all my Captains, only a couple "Main" ones. But it does seem a lot (and I agree, I was thinking more in the 400CP/100 range), except when I compare that $7.25 to the price I pay to see a movie in the theaters (also an "intangible thing")... That's two hours entertainment for $11... I receive many more hours of entertainment value out of the DOff system.

As much as I use the system, it's worth it to me to at least get this twice (on my two main). If it were cheaper, I'd've purchased more. Perhaps when they go on sale...

Quote:
...also the extra doff xp thing I got says 4hrs but in the Dev Diary it says you only have to see him once. Care to clear this up.
Huh. Well, that's annoying, but I guess not that big of a deal, since I'm usually back at SFA to check for new Assignments anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
that new super doff is awesome. goes well with my red matter. and i have 8 points in bat skill.
Care to describe the new DOff' in detail? I'm stuck at work and won't see for many more hours...
Lt. Commander
# 112
12-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
well most lottos in real life aren't free. also seems to me the people with life time got them with in 22 boxes. people with month to month subs had to spend more.
You are incorrect. Everyone has the same chance. some people simply bought more "tickets"

Quote:
but you tell me how a guy had to spend 750 to get his ship and the guy gets his free on first race is fair. because no matter how you try to defend it its not fair.
again, thanks to random chance, it is perfectly "fair". You think there is a guarantee that at some point, you will win. That is not the case. It is theoretically possible to never"win" e.g. get the ship. A person could buy an infinite number of boxes and never get the ship. that is how lotteries, likelihoods, and random chance work.

You may FEEL that the game/box is unfair, but that does not make it quantifiably so. You may FEEL that you are getting screwed, but you are not.

Picking your numbers is irrelevant. You choice of numbers has no bearing on what numbers end up being the winning ones. You are just as likely to win with a computer chosen set of lottery numbers as you are with your own personal choices.

Let me be clear, I am NOT saying that you are wrong for feeling unhappy or jipped. That is a normal reaction to losing a lottery.

However, blaming the game is an uninformed position to hold.

If you don't believe me about likelihoods and random chance, please feel free to call a statistics professor at your local university or consult a statistics textbook. I would also be open to chatting with you privately on the topic. Regardless, this is pretty off topic, so we should probably leave it at that.
Lt. Commander
# 113
12-15-2011, 12:11 PM
I think I've said it before but if I haven't, I LOVE YOUR WORK Heretic.
Thanks for the DOff system and this event sounds great.

Now I only wish we would be able to some day promote our DOffs to BOffs and then to playable characters. That would be really cool.

*edit*

I've got one question Heretic.

- Is the new additional DOff roster space per account or not? The price makes me think it is per account but there is no clear info if it is or not. If it is not per account, then I probably will not get it. If it is per account I most likely save up for it.
Lt. Commander
# 114
12-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Ouch, that is pretty high.

Care to describe the new DOff' in detail? I'm stuck at work and won't see for many more hours...
well from what i read is give a nice boost to weps with a damage buff , extra 5 in all systems. things of that nature. i could have read it wrong tho. but i know a wep bat will give a damage buff.
Lt. Commander
# 115
12-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I just noticed that the Engineering Exocomp is listed as a Tactical DOff and the Tactical Exocomp is listed as a Security one. The Engineering one has its species as Exocomp but the Tactical one has it as Alien.
Lt. Commander
# 116
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
I just noticed that the Engineering Exocomp is listed as a Tactical DOff and the Tactical Exocomp is listed as a Security one. The Engineering one has its species as Exocomp but the Tactical one has it as Alien.
This is a known bug. See Heretic's posts from earlier today. He goofed. :p

Edit:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...42#post3909342

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...42#post3909342
Lt. Commander
# 117
12-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
...EDIT also the extra doff xp thing I got says 4hrs but in the Dev Diary it says you only have to see him once. Care to clear this up.
Mine XP Flag shows a <4> on the flag, but when I read the time (you can point your arrow at those tiny numbers) and I see it's showing 94hrs, 27mins, 23secs and counting down. So I that's enought to get me through the weekend. Yay!
Lt. Commander
# 118
12-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
aaand gamble box Nr. 2 has arrived already while the first one isn't even gone.

yeah, no thx
I think it's worth remembering that no one is being forced to buy anything, or to do anything. To participate in the gamble is an individual choice that players make. No guns are being held to anyone's head.

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 119
12-16-2011, 05:41 AM
Another grab bag - well, its not unfair, nobody is forced to buy anything, its just...

For me this is not the game anymore I started 2 years before, I would never have started with a P2W game in the first place. So you might hold my characters hostage and and try to extort me for my passion about Star Trek, but thats thats the drop that did it.

Bye!

Safe Travels anyone!
Lt. Commander
# 120
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
well most lottos in real life aren't free. also seems to me the people with life time got them with in 22 boxes. people with month to month subs had to spend more. but you tell me how a guy had to spend 750 to get his ship and the guy gets his free on first race is fair. because no matter how you try to defend it its not fair. my mere 60 is nothing compared to 750. also yesterday i got 500 points 5 boxes and 3 of them was a tribble that i can claim on every toon. that dont seem fair to me. also at that point i wasent looking for a ship. just the purple weps that i had no need for on my va toon. i was looking for purple weps to put on my klink.

also i think lotto is more fair then this crap ever will be. lotto i can pick numbers. get as many sheets as i want. this winter crap the numbers are generated for me. also when i seen zone chat spamed with the ship i figured i had awesome chances asking how many boxes till ship. most of them had said under 22 boxes. few said under 10 and 3 people said 2 boxes. it lead me to believe it was an easy win. so i just kepted trying and trying till i spent way too much and my g/f cut me off the funds. i make ok money, im jst bad with it so she takes care of it lol.
I'm a lifetime and I went through more the 22 boxes and still don't have the ship ...