Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
12-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
No.. My reason is thus :- I have nine (9) active toons * 580 = 5,220 Cpoints...

Plus "if" I maxed each toon out, it would cost 20,880 Cpoints.

I can afford it as RL money is not the issue, but that amount of cash on something "virtual" is ridiculous...

End of...
Let me rephrase then:

So your logic is if you dont want to buy something 9 times, you wont buy it once?

My point is, what does the fact that you have 9 characters have to do with anything? Who said you had to buy this or anything else on every character you have? And who said you had to "max out" on space?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
12-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I am not saying at all that I will / or need to get everything in the Cstore for every one of my Toons, or that I want / or need to max any of them out... I am simply stating that as a one Toon unlock, the cost is prohibative & stupidly high. IF the cost was lower then I WOULD get at least one "100 slot" upgrade for each of my Toons, as I regard all of them equally as part of my own "personal fleet".

Trying to decide which one of them gets an upgrade over another, would be like trying to decide which one of my Grandchildren (I have five) gets the most expensive Christmas present...

It was my choice to make the Toons I have, no-one made me, but this is just the thin edge of the wedge...

Expensive Toon unlocks on this type of item is just wrong IMHO..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
I am not saying at all that I will / or need to get everything in the Cstore for every one of my Toons, or that I want / or need to max any of them out... I am simply stating that as a one Toon unlock, the cost is prohibative & stupidly high. IF the cost was lower then I WOULD get at least one "100 slot" upgrade for each of my Toons, as I regard all of them equally as part of my own "personal fleet".

Trying to decide which one of them gets an upgrade over another, would be like trying to decide which one of my Grandchildren (I have five) gets the most expensive Christmas present...

It was my choice to make the Toons I have, no-one made me, but this is just the thin edge of the wedge...

Expensive Toon unlocks on this type of item is just wrong IMHO..
Understood. But what did the rest of your characters have to do with that point?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
I can't really see spending the money on doff space, just like I can't see spending it on doff packs. I expect that my doff rosters will grow on my and my wife's toons until they hit the ceiling, and then we'll start doing some strategic pruning of common doffs in order to make room for higher-quality ones. I suppose it's possible that I could change my tune in the future and add on more space later, but it's not really a priority for me right now.

I'm expecting to do some work on a vicious KDF ship build or two over the holidays -- that's where my CP will be going.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
12-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm amazed that anyone is still surprised or unaware that Cryptic, especially under their new owners, is going to do whatever they can to get you to buy dilithium from them for cash. (Indirectly, perhaps, but the exchange merely adds a step.)

NEWSFLASH: Yes, they want your money. All of it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
12-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Understood. But what did the rest of your characters have to do with that point?
I cannot make my point any clearer.. whether upgrading one Toon or Twenty, "Overpriced" Toon unlocks are unacceptable..

The Nagus "may" be wise, & it may be your choice to support CRYPTIC's Cstore pricing / policy.. I do not..

We will just have to agree to disagree...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
12-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
I cannot make my point any clearer.. whether upgrading one Toon or Twenty, "Overpriced" Toon unlocks are unacceptable..
Like I said, I get your point. However mine is simply that if you think its overpriced for 1 character then why did you even bring up the fact that you had 9? What does that have to do with you thinking it is overpriced for a single character?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
The Nagus "may" be wise, & it may be your choice to support CRYPTIC's Cstore pricing / policy.. I do not.
Then don't pay. Vote with your wallet. They aren't going to listen to anything else.

Seriously, people, what do you hope to accomplish here? Cryptic is going to keep finding things to charge you for. Whether you think those charges are too high, or justified in the first place ("we should get that for free"), is irrelevant. The only choice you have is to pay, or not.

I don't "support" their pricing. They don't need or care about my support. How I feel about it, or how you do, does not matter. That's what I'm trying to tell you. It Is. Take it or leave it.

They want your money. Decide for yourself if the things they'll trade you in exchange for that money are worth it. If not, don't waste your, their, and everyone's time in some misguided belief that you can haggle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
12-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Like I said, I get your point. However mine is simply that if you think its overpriced for 1 character then why did you even bring up the fact that you had 9? What does that have to do with you thinking it is overpriced for a single character?
Because it emphasised the point !!!.. It clearly shows how expensive these slots are... I am not alone in having more than one Toon. Ergo :- They (CRYPTIC) would sell more IF they were cheaper...

I'll end this nit-picking now, & vote with my wallet...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
12-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldCodger
They (CRYPTIC) would sell more IF they were cheaper...
Perhaps. But maybe their data suggests that the majority of players have far fewer characters than you and therefore would be more willing to buy 1 or 2 at this higher price than you are.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 AM.