Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I think I could stomach the luck-based grab bag a bit better if a Blue gift was not a possible drop for the Red gifts.

Considering how crazy rare it is to get a Red gift from the Winter Wonderland race, imagine the chagrin of a player who finally grinds one out only for it to -- surprise! -- become a Blue instead. As they say in Spaceballs, "FOOOOOOOOLED YOU!"

It's a slap in the face and a huge disapointment.

This is also an issue for the c-store Reds. After the first four, people spent real money on those. As much as I don't like Pay2Win, I find Pay2Lose even worse. It's not as though the Red gift drops don't already have boobieprizes; there's no need to have them downgrade to Blue's too.

[EDIT] ...In fact I would be willing to INCREASE the likelyhood of Blue gift drops by the same rate that the Reds give Blues to make up for it, just to be secure in the knowledge that the Red gift I worked so hard to get will STAY RED.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaelDuin
I think I could stomach the luck-based grab bag a bit better if a Blue gift was not a possible drop for the Red gifts.
I can agree with that. I'm one of the lucky souls who got a free red drop from the race, but my gift inside was a bluey. That was kinda upsetting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-16-2011, 01:37 PM
I would be willing to spend some of my real money If I knew that every red gift box was going to drop somehting other than a Blue gift.

I had 20 gift vouchers on all my Toons combined and 12 out of the 20 turned into blue boxes

I bought about 10 red gifts off the exchange and got 8 blue gift boxes

100% agreed, blue boxes should never have been added to list of possible drops for red boxes.

If cryptic does anymore of these grab bags in the future and the best possible pick up has the possiblity to drop a lower quality pick up, I'll not even waste my time with it no matter what the grand prize is
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-16-2011, 03:10 PM
+ 1 it really is a wtf moment when you see that red turn to blue
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Actually, it's not as bad as you think, if you pay attention, it doesn't just drop a blue box, you get the blue box and a stack of the holiday trinkets, inside the blue box you still have a chance at the random gear and more trinkets. So unless you are obsessed with getting the Jemmie ship or those Horta, it isn't that bad, you still get extra trinkets to buy the other stuff, which is still pretty cool.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 10:48 PM
tbh I was a little obsessed with getting that ship so i didnt even notice if it gave me anything else lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Oh yea i get a blue box out of my red aaaaand get a useless crap too Yehaa. For the Chrismas stuff i get Cakes wohoo .... seriously thats only crap u get. Blue Boxes only give u items they dont realy usefull or worth the money u spend for it ... XI Rare for my VA? I want some XII very Rare for my 18000 c i spend ...
oh or the ship ... 180 euro for crap is way too many ... and yea im dump to spend so much.
1 positiv that turn in negativ is that they take my idea of giving the Crap back to a Trader but they dont give u some c (only 1/4 of spended c where enouth to cool down the peoples) for it like i said .... what should i do with crapy gold pressed Latinium... some holoemitters they have timelimit? .... i stop playing dabo after i see that i dont have the holos permanent.. was only waste of Metrits / Energy Credits.
But hey i have a LT so i farm my 400 per month and never spend any money here , good work Cryptic.

and yea i know thats useless to post ... they dont willing to give back digital money or something usefull but i feeling better (my way of cool down)

Thumpbs up for no blue in reds!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
Actually, it's not as bad as you think, if you pay attention, it doesn't just drop a blue box, you get the blue box and a stack of the holiday trinkets, inside the blue box you still have a chance at the random gear and more trinkets. So unless you are obsessed with getting the Jemmie ship or those Horta, it isn't that bad, you still get extra trinkets to buy the other stuff, which is still pretty cool.
I don't have an issue with the items in a blue box. The issue I have is procedural. If you;re going to give us a blue anyway, just give us the blue box the first time and don't jerk us around thinking we might have landed a c-store item instead.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaelDuin
This is also an issue for the c-store Reds. After the first four, people spent real money on those.
Wait... how do you get 4 free ones?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralChase
Wait... how do you get 4 free ones?
The first 400 c-point stipend.