Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I got excited when I read the patch notes and saw that the Vo'Quv Bird of Prey received a 15% damage increase; however, that excitement turned to disgust when I found the the BOP are still broken and do not attack 98% of the time and never use their Photon Torps.

What was the purpose of increasing the damage of the BOP if its AI is still broken and useless

When will the Vo'Quvs' BOP be fixed
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Yep. Nothing changed.
-> BOPs are peaceful pigeons

-> your fighters will not attack structures
ah well, thats actually not entirely true:

You can attack FRIENDLY structures / teammates. Your Fek'Ihri Fighters will go on suicide runs and blow them up. It works "great" on the IKS Kang in The Cure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Bops do not respond to carrior commands except return but even then they are pretty lazy about it, they do not use there torps, when they are making a pass at an anemy to attack they are just comming out of cloak and are unable to attack for most of the duration of the attack run. This CBOP update is a joke 15% increase is a really crapy attempt to fix this if the bops are staying like this they need at least a 25% not 15% to be usfull. Or give BOPs the new quad cannon they could realy use the dps increase and the engion power drain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Two separate issues. Jheinig is looking into the AI issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2011, 03:28 PM
do bop npc's and pets still just shoot a single turret shot? i seem to remember them shooting duel cannons and a turret way back when. give them their duel cannons back!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 03:47 PM
I think the best response to this topic is as follows:

Quote:
You can't fix stupid.
- Bill Engval
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
do bop npc's and pets still just shoot a single turret shot? i seem to remember them shooting duel cannons and a turret way back when. give them their duel cannons back!
They do have dual cannons and only dual cannons atm and on the larger NPC Bops that looks pretty bad seing they only have 2 little guns when thet have a bunch of emplacments on the body.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieshdor View Post
They do have dual cannons and only dual cannons atm and on the larger NPC Bops that looks pretty bad seing they only have 2 little guns when thet have a bunch of emplacments on the body.
ah. been awhile since i pve'ed with them around, or saw them used in pvp. i just remembered seeing turrets only for quite a wile now
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sole.One
Yep. Nothing changed.
-> BOPs are peaceful pigeons

-> your fighters will not attack structures
ah well, thats actually not entirely true:

You can attack FRIENDLY structures / teammates. Your Fek'Ihri Fighters will go on suicide runs and blow them up. It works "great" on the IKS Kang in The Cure.
Oh,

I'd like to add that the S'Kul fighters will damage the carrier has well.

It seems the Carriers deployable craft are getting worse with each update.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-16-2011, 08:37 PM
All I have to say about this is look at my sig