Lt. Commander
# 1 I can't take it anymore!
12-17-2011, 12:15 AM
I know that there have been plenty of threads dedicated to this subject. But since they are making me grind in game, why not grind on the forums as well.

Enough is enough! I'm not doing another single STF run! It was fun for maybe the first 20 to 30 runs, but now it's just turned into a mindless, endless GRIND! I can't take it anymore. In those thirty or so runs, NOT A SINGLE RARE OR EVEN UNCOMMON BORG TECH HAS DROPPED, FOR ANYONE that I've been grouped with!!!!
Cryptic, please, for the love of (insert deity of preference here) please give us an alternate way to earn the new M.A.C.O gear.

Because in two little word's:

GRINDING SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't know whoever thought that this would be a fun novel way to get gear. Believe me it's not, now I have nothing to do in this game. PVP is so unbalanced it sucks to be you, if you are not on a pre-made team. Not only that, but the only other "END GAME" content that we had has been turned into nothing but a GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND!!!!

Please for the love of(Insert you're deity of choice here) rethink this strategy of your's. Because I'm about at the end of my rope as far as STAR TREK "GRIND" ONLINE is concerned!!

The only two reason's I'm even still here are:
One: I'm a Lifer
Two: I keep hoping in vain that this game will get better.

I was initially really excited for Season 5. The DOFF system showed some promise, but it only took a couple of hours playing around with it to figure out just how shallow it was. There is no feeling, there is no connection to you're DOFF's. My only concern when one dies on a mission is "Crap, now I gotta find another one with those same or similar abilities". Not "Damn I really liked him/her/it, why oh why cruel world did him/her/it have to die?" That's the reaction you should have. The mission completed reported is stale and matter of fact, why not try to embellish on or spruce up that dialogue. Give it some character.

Better wake up Cryptic and tell you're PW overlords that this game is targeted at a Western market and that the Eastern/Asia-P2W P2Grind strategy will most likely fail in a Western market.

P.S.: I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER spend another DIME on a GRAB-BAG from the C-Store. I don't care if you include a guaranteed pic from Lindsey Lohan's Playboy shoot in every bag! Also I swear to(Insert deity of preference here) if the only way to get the new Ent-F class, when it's finally released is to GRIND endlessly the same three missions over and over again. I will never spend another dollar in the C-Store and I will most likely never play this game again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 12:57 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Lol! haven't play'd many MMO's have you?

Your post sucks, nothing like a wall of text that forces me to grind (read), to make a point. Oh the Irony.....

One last thing, Grind is play, if you aren't anal about what you have.

Au Contraire Mon Ami!

I've played plenty of MMO's in my day. Galaxies from opening day till just after it was NGE'd to death, Eve Online, that Pirates one and just about everything in between. I even gave WOW a go, made it to around level 60ish and couldn't take it anymore. .

But the level of GRIND that is now in STO goes way beyond anything I ever experienced in the afformentioned examples, except possibly Eve Online. But Eve didn't necessarily feel like a GRIND at least not to me.

These new and "Improved" STF's are mind NUMBING! Even you jaded gamer, can admit that! Unless you are really ok with having to do the same missions at the very least 160 times. That's just to get stuff for ground, Personal Shield, Personal Armour, Kit and Weapon. Then, then you need to do it all over again just get the complete ship kit. So that's at least another 120 or so runs depending on how lucky you are with the drops. You are gonna tell me you are fine with that?

And the Irony of my post was just that. The Irony! of it all!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
Au Contraire Mon Ami!

I've played plenty of MMO's in my day. Galaxies from opening day till just after it was NGE'd to death, Eve Online, that Pirates one and just about everything in between. I even gave WOW a go, made it to around level 60ish and couldn't take it anymore. .

But the level of GRIND that is now in STO goes way beyond anything I ever experienced in the afformentioned examples, except possibly Eve Online. But Eve didn't necessarily feel like a GRIND at least not to me.

These new and "Improved" STF's are mind NUMBING! Even you jaded gamer, can admit that! Unless you are really ok with having to do the same missions at the very least 160 times. That's just to get stuff for ground, Personal Shield, Personal Armour, Kit and Weapon. Then, then you need to do it all over again just get the complete ship kit. So that's at least another 120 or so runs depending on how lucky you are with the drops. You are gonna tell me you are fine with that?

And the Irony of my post was just that. The Irony! of it all!!!!!
While I am sure that your type of post is the first few of many many many to come....it sounds to me like MMO's might not be your thing then?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2011, 03:42 AM
if your that unhappy with staying here just becasue your a lifer...why dont you go play somthing else and come back for season 6?

your a lifer...you can come and go as you please, no need to stay 24/7

the grind is dysmal, its starting to get to me too i even made a new toon to justt have somthing esle to do other than the same 3 missions over and over. doing STF's actually makes me sleepy now - and comming from a insomniac that isnt a good thing
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomLake32
While I am sure that your type of post is the first few of many many many to come....it sounds to me like MMO's might not be your thing then?
My thread is not meant to be an "I QUIT RAGE POST". I'm simply stating my and I'm sure many other's concerns about the direction and future of STO. I'm stating that I'am not happy with the direction that I see this going, and as a subscriber I have that right. I like to play MMO's, but to me an MMO is about community, forging your own path thru the game and the world. Much like Galaxies was at launch or as another example Eve Online. Not some endless GRIND-FEST. That's not an MMO, that's insanity!! What we have now with the new STF's is insanity, plain and simple. It's the classic "Carrot on the stick".

They were barely fun before with a good group. At least before you were guaranteed a decent reward for your time and effort's.

Now they have become boring and tedious! With the nebulous hope of obtaining a decent reward for your time and efforts!

How can some of you be ok with that!?

Also the refrain "MMO's might not be for you" is being thrown about more and more as of late. Directed primarily at people like me that are becoming fed up with the new Grinder direction that STO is taking. Frankly it's becoming quite tiresome to hear. Almost as tiresome as the new STF's!

Season 5 is not a huge step forward. In some respects it's a no step. It feels more like a coat of paint covering a rusty spot on your car. Problem is the rust will always eat through eventually. For me, the rust is starting to eat through again.

They should have named Season 5 "Call to Grind"....
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
if your that unhappy with staying here just becasue your a lifer...why dont you go play somthing else and come back for season 6?
Tho this is not a bad choice, but with each season, this game it getting same ol'

To be honest, each season is only cosmetics and a day worth playing new content.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
Unless you are really ok with having to do the same missions at the very least 160 times.
If I have to, then I won't. I'll just play the game and enjoy the team-oriented experience. Screw the Prada gear, it's a bonus.

Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Screw the Prada gear, it's a bonus.

Can I haz your Prada gear ? :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Lol! haven't play'd many MMO's have you?

Your post sucks, nothing like a wall of text that forces me to grind (read), to make a point. Oh the Irony.....

One last thing, Grind is play, if you aren't anal about what you have.
Remember in WoW having to grind all day everyday for a month, just to get one piece of gear... Now that was grinding.
Closed Thread