Lt. Commander
# 1 Screenshots
12-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Is It Possible To Take A Screenshot Of The Game, For Example A Screen Shot Of Your Ship, And Make It A Wallpaper Or To Be Used As An Avatar? And If It Is How Do You Do It?
Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 10:42 AM
in-game, use the print screen button, or type /screenshot_ and you'll get a list of options.

The two you'll probably use the most are as follows:
/screenshot_jpg (takes a screenshot without the UI)
/screenshot_ui_jpg (takes a screenshot with the UI. this is useful if you want to show something like PVP scores)
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks. I Didn't Even Realize I Had A Print Screen Until You Said Something. I Couldn't Find It! It's Labeled Prt Sc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
The best way I found the get a great pic of your character is to crank your vid settings to the very top. (a bit laggy for me) go into the tailor and hit printscreen. it will take a pic without any of the UI. Use mouse to zoom in on the face. The JPG will be EXTREMELY detailed. For my ship i do the same. Except I go find a nice nebula in a system with nobody else in it. I position the ship exactly where i want it in the shot. Crank everything up again. Take your snapshot.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8.../Character.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-V...2BMargaret.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2011, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublawek2002 View Post
Thanks. I Didn't Even Realize I Had A Print Screen Until You Said Something. I Couldn't Find It! It's Labeled Prt Sc.
Not to troll or anything, but you do realize you don't have to type every word with a capital letter? Most annoying.

Glad you've found the /screenshot command though. It can be pretty useful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2011, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Not to troll or anything, but you do realize you don't have to type every word with a capital letter? Most annoying.
^This. Small thing but very annoying. No offence intended.