Lt. Commander
# 11
12-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
I know that there have been plenty of threads dedicated to this subject.
Then, seriously, you should have posted in one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Lol! haven't play'd many MMO's have you?

Your post sucks, nothing like a wall of text that forces me to grind (read), to make a point. Oh the Irony.....

One last thing, Grind is play, if you aren't anal about what you have.
I like how people complain about STO by says that all it is travelling from one location to another, killing the bad guys, reporting back to the Admiral, and then doing it all over again.

And then I get out my copy of Skyrim and I spend all evening travelling from one location to another, killing the bad guys, reporting back to the General, and then doing it all over again.

One is a grindfest while the other is a masterpiece.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Don't expect any of these mugs to give you any slack. Any time a person gets furiously angry with Cryptic, smart alecs storm their post and taunt them to leave or mock them, just as has been done to you.

And to top it off, Cryptic doesn't care. About you, this post, what anger they raise in people. They chuckle at you just like the people who storm and troll your thread.

So I suggest you that you put every wise acre in this post on ignore. Because every one of them who mocked you and was snide to you is a troll.

I understand your frustration. I've spent over a grand on Cryptic in the last two years. They've promised an awful lot, but have only made the game change to suit their own ends, not ours. They say they are responsive to players, but it took three patch cycles for them to fix a problem they reintroduced with S5 from February 2010.

As Slick Willie used to say, I feel your pain.

You should, however, try to refrain from bleeding in the water around here, because as the above posts show, a bunch of nasty, evil-minded lurkers are swimming close to the surface, waiting to bite your passionate arse for daring to complain.

Don't you know? You've got to like the rasher of doo doo you've been given, you are not allowed to complain or the lurkers will attack you,

To any decent person reading these posts, scan the above posts and if you think that the response was uncalled for, put the person on ignore, and do the same in the game. Once we ignore all the rude, insufferable, high and mighty, we will be much better off.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-17-2011, 06:47 AM
^^ Well-said. Well-said indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
.... doing STF's actually makes me sleepy now
Wow, I feel the same way.

I can't get into a full on pitched battle that lasts for forty minutes anymore. It bores me to tears and I get sleepy.

Obviously I am not the only person that STO puts to sleep.

The Cryptic Management team, like the Soviet State, always listens. And just like with the Soviet, they don't care if you are bored.

I'm angry, just as the OP is. We've all paid for this game and expected more than the weak sauce releases and updates.

Seriously....the biggest update that this game ever got was geared to make the new free players happy.

Think about that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-17-2011, 07:21 AM
I have a sugestion to Cryptic Devs around: "Choose some Foundry missions and make them give you borg datachips/prototypes or whatever you might get from STFs"
I will start having nightmares with STFs if I keep them over and over.. You can also change foundry missions everyday, so players wont be so BORED about it.
It won't hurt to listen your customers sometimes
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-17-2011, 07:39 AM
I haven't done a SINGLE STF since I realized the drops are lottery. I don't play lotteries in real life, I'm not going to play them in fake life either. I did them all once... for story sake and that's enough for me. I too get sleepy with repetive STO fights now... to the point where I need a nap after playing even one mission now... and I'm a horrible insomniac that never took naps before in my life!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
I haven't done a SINGLE STF since I realized the drops are lottery. I don't play lotteries in real life, I'm not going to play them in fake life either. I did them all once... for story sake and that's enough for me. I too get sleepy with repetive STO fights now... to the point where I need a nap after playing even one mission now... and I'm a horrible insomniac that never took naps before in my life!
I have never and will never play stfs.

Lotteries are BS.

All other games are random drops based on multiple criteria.

Stupid rules for stupid game mechanics.

Did anyone expect anything else out of Cash-Monger Cryptic?

Puhleeeze!
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
I have never and will never play stfs.

Lotteries are BS.

All other games are random drops based on multiple criteria.

Stupid rules for stupid game mechanics.

Did anyone expect anything else out of Cash-Monger Cryptic?

Puhleeeze!
I guess now would be a bad time to suggest that...well, they could add these to the c-store? I'd be willing for fork out the c-points for it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
Don't expect any of these mugs to give you any slack. Any time a person gets furiously angry with Cryptic, smart alecs storm their post and taunt them to leave or mock them, just as has been done to you.
Please feel free to ignore me if you wish but I never attack anyone because it has been done to me before in a different game forum and the Mods did NOTHING!

Though I have been smart-alecky a time or two, this is not one of those times. There is an old but VERY true saying that ďyou can attract more flies with honey than vinegar.Ē To the OP, I understand your complaint and I agree with you to a point. However, I do have the following advice to give to the community at large.
  • Do you [the STO subscribers] want change? Then offer it up as constructive criticism. Explain why you donít like something and give the reasons (not just I donít like it or itís a grind now). Once you explain it then offer any suggestions.
  • Do you [the STO subscribers] think that the Dev team will read a post that whines about something without offering suggestions? I know that I donít and I worked in Tech Support for over 8 years and I have been chewed out a dozen times over for decisions made by management.

I try to stay on the forums as much as I can during the day and offer some words of wisdom that I have gained from my 36 years on this planet. Take my words for what itís worth, ignore me if you wish, or just pretend that blowing up always solves the problem. Think of it this way, when a warp core is breached, then the explosion takes out the ship.

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-17-2011, 08:33 AM
It is called "Endgame" for a reason... it's the END of the GAME.
You did all there is to do, the only reason to keep doing the repetitive endgame content is if you really really love the themepark that they'be build.

You always have the option to STOP, and wait for those 5 - 15 new Missions they will give us every year.
There is no reason to keep replaying the same few missions if you don't want to.

You only need to flick of that NEED button in your brain.
I'd say the STF gear is there for playes who absolutely love the STF's and keep doing them even after they have all the gear.

I agree, there should be some guarantee to getting the Mk XII Sets
i don't care if it means that i'll have to do 5000 Elite STF runs over the next 2 years, i just want a NUMBER that i'll have to reach instead of this MAYBE... but PROBABLY NOT!!! approach they've taken with it.

Sure they add some grind to the end, with some super hard to get items. -> thats a tiny and damn easy way to keep the Players interest up. Even if you don't care to add actual content to the game.
If that doesn't work for you, then do the intelligent thing and search for something else that provides FUN to you!

I played Star Trek Elite Force for over 2 years online in a clan.
The only new content provided was by modders. (and maybe one or two patches and that one add on disk).
But we kept playing the exact same thing over and over again because it was fun, challenging and entertaining.

Now tell me what is so different about an MMO to... let's say Battlefield 3.
There is a singleplayer campaign (story missions), multiplayer mode (PvP on the same 3 - 30 maps for years)
and some weird level progression system (in BF3 it's all about unlocking new guns and stuff, in STO it's about unlocking Ships and item Tiers).

I pretty much stopped grinding the Breen and Devidian dailies because that became old very fast.
I only jumped on like once a week to do a daily run because i missed the shiny screensaver graphics...

now i have FUN again with the STF's, it is FUN to play with other players, instead of shooting Breen in a empty singleplayer version of the map (who the hell thought it would be a good idea to not enable auto teaming for the daily maps?!).

Also... grinding dilithium = C-Points... that gets the Ferengi in me motivated.

So while i grind those STF's for EDC i also grind a few C-Points.

The only thing i do not see happening is that i will get the Mk XII sets on any of my 7 Chars... which sucks.

But honestly, those STF's are out for a few weeks now, did anybody expect to have the Elite Sets by now?

Heck there aren't even proper guides out for the Elite STF's.

And i am pretty sure that Cryptic will keep tweaking them to a point where they are doable.

Just wait for the F2P folks to hit the Servers,
when 80% of the normal STF's fail they will have to bring down the difficulty and tweak the optionals to be actually doable by PuGs!

If oldschool players are angry about this stuff, just wait till this is a reason for F2P users to ragequit.
Closed Thread