Lt. Commander
# 1 Transfer Shield Strength III
12-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Does Transfer Shield Strength III exist? I can't find it anywhere. Thought it used to be around, but maybe I am mistaken?

Kakarot
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
It does exists but its a good 10 mil + BO abiltity on the exchange

Very Rare Sci officers
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
It's around, it's a very rare (and consequently expensive) skill that randomly drops on bridge officers as you level.
It's also available on the Reman BOff from the Reman series but the reward week finished last week so until they replay that series it's random drops or exchange for TSS3.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 01:45 PM
TSS 3 is a rare ability that randomly comes on very rare (purple) quality bridge officers.

and also the reman boff from the romulan featured episode series comes with it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
I managed to pick one up for 85k so cheaper is possible.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Taken from the patch notes..

Quote:
Transfer Shield Strength has been rebalanced to match updated changes to Skill System.
Can anyone post some numbers on their TSS3 after this update? Maybe I'm missing something but my TSS3 is complete crap now. I was decently spec'd into shield healing before the update and now my TSS3 doesn't do much of anything, at all. Period.

1,500ish Shield Regeneration
371 Shield Regeneration for 15s
19% damage resistance for 15s

The sad part? Emergency Power to Shields I ( ONE ) Is better in every way now.

Maybe I'm overreacting but this change doesn't seem right. Especially when a tier 1 heal is just as good and a tier 2 heal offers twice as much healing.. Sad.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T2J2L
Taken from the patch notes..

Can anyone post some numbers on their TSS3 after this update? Maybe I'm missing something but my TSS3 is complete crap now. I was decently spec'd into shield healing before the update and now my TSS3 doesn't do much of anything, at all. Period.

1,500ish Shield Regeneration
371 Shield Regeneration for 15s
19% damage resistance for 15s

The sad part? Emergency Power to Shields I ( ONE ) Is better in every way now.

Maybe I'm overreacting but this change doesn't seem right. Especially when a tier 1 heal is just as good and a tier 2 heal offers twice as much healing.. Sad.

I've noticed the same thing, TSS appears to have gotten a massive nerf, below even season 4 values.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Nope, TSS3 is much better then EPtS1 for the following reasons:-
1. It's castable on other players, which is very important to remember.
2. TSS3 has slightly higher damage resistance.
3. My full specced EPtS1 gives me an instant shield heal of 1522 for each facing. From your stats it TSS3 gives a similar instant shield heal. But, and this is a big but, after 15 seconds a shield facing would have recieved a total of 7065 hit points. That goes far beyond what EPtS3 does for you in term of shield healing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
Nope, TSS3 is much better then EPtS1 for the following reasons:-
1. It's castable on other players, which is very important to remember.
2. TSS3 has slightly higher damage resistance.
3. My full specced EPtS1 gives me an instant shield heal of 1522 for each facing. From your stats it TSS3 gives a similar instant shield heal. But, and this is a big but, after 15 seconds a shield facing would have recieved a total of 7065 hit points. That goes far beyond what EPtS3 does for you in term of shield healing.

EPTS 1 is an ensign power while TSS 3 takes up a valuable LTC slot and has a much worse uptime ratio. The values posted are also at very high aux which adds to the nonsense. EPTS 1 has no business being comparable to TSS 3 at full aux.

Go look at TSS 1 for a valid comparison and you'll be scratching your head too.

The numbers are far worse now than they were in season 4. While it was buffed up noticeably for some odd reason when season 5 came out, the recent patch's rebalancing seems to have nerfed it far below where it should be.