Lt. Commander
SO I was excited to learn that the unique rewards are now scaled to level properly and I'm planning on trying to get the Plasma Disruptor Hybrid Beam Array for all the beams on one of my ships. However I did have some curiosities about it so I thought I should ask the smart people of the forums!

First, does it actually also cause plasma fires? It says that it does in the actual description, but it doesn't say it in the stats, but the name of it also seems like it would.

Also is there any actual advantage over disruptor beams that I'm not noticing? I'll probably end up using them anyway because they have an awesome name, but it is nice to know if they have any special bonuses.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 07:05 PM
the problem you might have is the fact that some of those items are unique and can only be had once on a toon. the plasma-disruptor beams you mention i believe are one of those items. i could be wrong, but if that is the case, then you would only be able to have 1 of those beam arrays. again, im not for sure on that, so its probably something you would want to check out. it would be a cool combination if you could outfit an entire ship with those though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasteroz View Post
the problem you might have is the fact that some of those items are unique and can only be had once on a toon. the plasma-disruptor beams you mention i believe are one of those items. i could be wrong, but if that is the case, then you would only be able to have 1 of those beam arrays. again, im not for sure on that, so its probably something you would want to check out. it would be a cool combination if you could outfit an entire ship with those though.
I dont think those beam arrays are unique. i believe they are a lot like the retro phasers from the devidian series.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
the beams are not unique and never have been. The beams do not do plasma proc damage they have a disruptor proc unlike the borg plasma disruptor beams. Ii wish cryptic would fix that it makes no sense to call them plasma disruptor beams if they only do disruptor damage. They should be just like the borg beams but in fact you need the DHC to cause plasma damage. Disruptors with attack pattern that debuff a target can do some nasty damage. say beta or delta with the disruptor proc and then a beam overload,
Lt. Commander