Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Ha. No pants? I laugh at no pants. You want to hear what I have to put up with?

I manage several retail clothing stores in the Atlanta area. We have arrested more than a dozen people this year for actually urinating or defacating on piles of clothing in the fitting room.

Savages.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
12-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
It's funny you saying that. I started to read a massive thread on the World of ******** forums about Roleplayers' biggest pet peeves, and one of the things that kept cropping up was people who run guilds like military squads.

I don't see what the big deal is. Most MMO games focus around killing - be it of NPCs in PvE or of living, breathing, thinking people in PvP, and if you've ever read The Art of War by Sun Tzu, you know that no matter how sad it is that such people have to exist, the best people to entrust with the running of a war are those people who understand it and will carry it out effectively.

That requires leadership and discipline. But they're other chapters.
What you said reminded me that I once studied military historical re-enactors for a paper, and what happens in some of those groups is you have volunteers who make their costumes who can't bear to make themselves low-ranking, so they make their uniform that of a captain, a colonel, a general - something higher ranking. Groups like that are comical - a whole brigade too top-heavy with brass to legitimately be in any battlefield together. In STO RP I have observed the same thing. I can just imagine RP fleets filled with captains and admirals, each trying to assert that he is in command, and a farce of Stooge proportions ensues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
12-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
Ha. No pants? I laugh at no pants. You want to hear what I have to put up with?

I manage several retail clothing stores in the Atlanta area. We have arrested more than a dozen people this year for actually urinating or defacating on piles of clothing in the fitting room.

Savages.
My wife used to work for a major menswear retailer (she worked in corporate HR, not in a store) and she's told me that from the horror stories she's heard, this is MUCH more common than most people would think.

FWIW, I do not doubt you at all. What you're saying tracks with what my wife has told me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
12-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
My wife used to work for a major menswear retailer (she worked in corporate HR, not in a store) and she's told me that from the horror stories she's heard, this is MUCH more common than most people would think.

FWIW, I do not doubt you at all. What you're saying tracks with what my wife has told me.
and thats the thing man! a dozen people just in 1 retailer in the past year...which means theoretically hundreds possibly thousands of people do this. daily.

who are these people?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
12-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
yes People do enter my store with nothing but a bathrobe on
reminds me of the dude from the big lebowski

Quote:
I wonder if that constitutes a violation of the no shoes no shirt no service policy?
no shoes
no shirt
no service

...doesn't say anything about pants.... pants optional?

Quote:
Ha. No pants? I laugh at no pants. You want to hear what I have to put up with?

I manage several retail clothing stores in the Atlanta area. We have arrested more than a dozen people this year for actually urinating or defacating on piles of clothing in the fitting room.

Savages.
could be worse....go to the DMV on a monday morning
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
12-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post

could be worse....go to the DMV on a monday morning
a government run facility....no thank you .....

ROFL

reminder: have fun kill bad guys.

-horizon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
12-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Next number) You haven't played for a few weeks and you find yourself involuntarily ghost actvating keybinds, on thin air.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
12-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch246
Heh...

Try a WalMart
Same thing, different name, trust me.......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
12-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by historiphile View Post
What you said reminded me that I once studied military historical re-enactors for a paper, and what happens in some of those groups is you have volunteers who make their costumes who can't bear to make themselves low-ranking, so they make their uniform that of a captain, a colonel, a general - something higher ranking. Groups like that are comical - a whole brigade too top-heavy with brass to legitimately be in any battlefield together. In STO RP I have observed the same thing. I can just imagine RP fleets filled with captains and admirals, each trying to assert that he is in command, and a farce of Stooge proportions ensues.
Hey, I dont know about you, but "I am the model of a modern Major General"...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
The biggest way to tell if you take this game way to seriously???


You get a job to be able play the game.......
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.