Lt. Commander
# 1 700 Day android boff
12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Ok well, I just hit 700 day veteran. First thing i noticed about the android is it is an engineer... 2nd thing is that it doesnt have a space trait.

Android should have a space trait, they r ultra efficent at everything... Maybe Space Android Trail "Speedy Worker" Which works when the android isnt in an active slot. It increases repair by 20% and +5 Warp core potention, +5 Shield emmiters,+5 SIF, +5 All preformance stats, 0.97% crit rate and severity, +10 accuricy. Itle be kinda like a "super" boff. In reallity it isnt because every skill is super nerfed... and really subbed for 700 days? Thats gonna be really rare once game is f2p
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Balance, it's not just for breakfast anymore!

*notices Rhode Island and friends*

Meh. Still...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 11:27 AM
its kinda just like a 2 point power boost, and a combo of all space traits
But it needs something that isnt efficent, Maybe Superior Warp Theorist and superior Accurite but efficent = usless
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
its kinda just like a 2 point power boost, and a combo of all space traits
Let me paraphrase: It's just a little mushroom cloud!

You're suggesting an across the board bonus, and one that should function "when the android isnt in an active slot". You even describe it as "kinda like a 'super' boff".

I realize that the devs have kind of turned a bit of a blind eye to balance, but that's no reason to try and make stuff worse.

And yes, I say this as someone who HAS the android BOff.

As it stands it's traits are quite good. It's a top of the line BOff, buffing it further would be a decidedly bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2011, 11:45 AM
ground is useless tho, Space is the only real apect in the game, since i cant use his Ground traits in an STF. but i can use space traits in an STF... Maybe just give him something like the veteran BOFFs... Just like Superior Accurite, or Superior Warp Theorist. But Really its an Android its always active somewhere on the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
ground is useless tho, Space is the only real apect in the game, since i cant use his Ground traits in an STF.
You can, however, use it in 98% of the PvE content in the game, including the Featured Series.

And since you can only slot so many BOffs for space anyway, and several less than you have roster slots, you may as well have some BOffs that are tailored more toward ground.

STFs are just a part of the game, not the totality of it.

Quote:
But Really its an Android its always active somewhere on the ship.
No.

The entire idea of Bridge Officers is that they are occupying an active position on your ship. Essentially they're filling a station on your vessel. When Data was playing a symphony in 10 Forward or feeding Spot he absolutely was not doing anything functionally beneficial for the Enterprise.

Beyond this, limiting functions to "seated" officers is an issue of balance. It's a game mechanic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Data was sentient. Not all androids are... Same with EMH's But data was never ever feeding spot when the enterprise was under attack by klingons. Androids should do some type of space bonus...
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Ok well, I just hit 700 day veteran. First thing i noticed about the android is it is an engineer... 2nd thing is that it doesnt have a space trait.

Android should have a space trait, they r ultra efficent at everything... Maybe Space Android Trail "Speedy Worker" Which works when the android isnt in an active slot. It increases repair by 20% and +5 Warp core potention, +5 Shield emmiters,+5 SIF, +5 All preformance stats, 0.97% crit rate and severity, +10 accuricy. Itle be kinda like a "super" boff. In reallity it isnt because every skill is super nerfed... and really subbed for 700 days? Thats gonna be really rare once game is f2p

They have multiple versions worked up internally (sounds like the same is true for the Amazon Borg and Photonic Officer) but they some code programmed that will allow you to choose one (and only one) variant.

Supposedly, we're safe to choose the engineer for now and will be able to swap out for different genders/classes later, after they get the option hooked up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Quote:
ground is useless tho, Space is the only real apect in the game, since i cant use his Ground traits in an STF. but i can use space traits in an STF... Maybe just give him something like the veteran BOFFs... Just like Superior Accurite, or Superior Warp Theorist. But Really its an Android its always active somewhere on the ship.
One reason why I think they should redesign ground STFs so that we get one BO for sections of it.

It would probably mean developing an area trigger that gets rid of BOs without killing them and a way to beam them in periodically mid-map but it would add a lot to the gameplay.

So, for example, everybody has one BO with them until the first Infected boss is down. Or one that beams in just before the last fight in Khitomer Accord.

It would make the non-Elite version of The Cure infinitely more playable for new players to be able to station BOs as guards.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2011, 07:23 AM
How did you get him/her? I hit 700 days and have not seen the option.
Got a nifty bonus to XP though.
Closed Thread