Lt. Commander
# 1 STO In game no sound.
12-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Anyone familiar with this issue? About 2 days after the patch, I logged in and all in game sound was gone. I have a fleet mate who has the exact same issue. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated guys.
I play on a gaming labtop jacked into a 22"Monitor and Logitech Gaming Keyboard and Mouse.
My system config is:

Windows 7
Intel I7 quad core 267QM 64 bit 12mb
Nvidia Geforce GT 540M 1 gig
Realtek High Definition Audio
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-18-2011, 09:28 AM
on 64 bit systems realtek sound drivers have problems in the game do to major bug in the driver. The game disables the sound by default on 64 bits system when it detect realtek.
you use to be able to disable this check and get sound back by

Exit the game and bring up the Launcher, click Options, and in the "Advanced command line" box, paste this:
-ignorex64check

, accept the changes and try loading the game.

maybe this option was disable on a recent patch. Some worked around the problem with realtek sound cards by removing the realtek drivers then have windows detect the card and install window generic sound drivers for the card.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the Info Pegasus, the command prompt does not work. Removed drivers but on reboot system automatically detects Realtek drivers and reinstalls them. I have put a trouble ticket in game as well in hopes having someone walk me thru a fix for this.