Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-17-2011, 11:40 PM
i had it happen a few times one i think was from the event.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-18-2011, 03:08 AM
Indeed. Although I bought just 2 boxes it's just stupid that I got 2 blue boxes out of each which spawn just a usual item
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Actually, it's not as bad as you think, if you pay attention, it doesn't just drop a blue box, you get the blue box and a stack of the holiday trinkets, inside the blue box you still have a chance at the random gear and more trinkets
actually that sounds exactly as bad as I think it does. if you pay money for a red box you should not be getting worthless 'trinkets' and items you can get in-game for free. thats bordering on a scam

i'll repeat what I said in another thread: customer goodwill is a finite resource that must be used carefully
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
actually that sounds exactly as bad as I think it does. if you pay money for a red box you should not be getting worthless 'trinkets' and items you can get in-game for free. thats bordering on a scam

i'll repeat what I said in another thread: customer goodwill is a finite resource that must be used carefully
Quoted for genius
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2011, 12:54 AM
I bought 2 x-mas boxes, but when I saw the 2nd turn into a useless blue box I immediately stopped doing so. :-s

The ship is really cool, but not *that* cool. One of my fleet mates went through 60 boxes before he got the ship, that kinda drop rate made me wary of even trying.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Agreed. The idea of a random drop bag is fine by itself.

Including blue boxes with the red boxes is outrageous and shameless.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
These drops aren't random, why are people saying they're random, if there are 10 items that you could win, you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting an item you want, if you go through 50+ boxes and still don't get it then it's not random by any form of maths I know.

If it's a gamble and the item you want has very low odds then I believe it's outragous and illegal, does Crytpic have a gambling license? I think not. Also how many people here are under 18 and gambled with real money to get this ship?

The Doff packs p^&s me off, it says it's random and you'll win 1 rare or better doff, but in all the packs I've purchased I don't think I've ever recieved a better than rare, this isn't random, fair, legal or even honest.

I want to know what the % is of getting this ship, or even a very rare doff. Time to come clean Cryptic before someone issues a law suit against you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Getting blue boxes inside the red boxes is extremely annoying.
The ship being rare is one thing but getting blue boxes full of useless garbage is really irritating. I sold some of the items to vendors because I had no use for them.

The doff packs I got out of red boxes, and the pets I have no complaints about. Just the blue boxes.

I have yet to get a red from the race, so mine were all cstore.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-24-2011, 07:05 PM
I bought 4 boxes with my stipend..... 3 of them were blue boxes...
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-25-2011, 12:29 AM
it's not like the addition of the blue box prizes somehow reduced the chance at a jemmie ship, it's just one of several possibilities. I've probably gotten more geklis and Hortas than blue boxes anyway, I don't see anyone complaining about those, the blue boxes aren't any different. When you play a lottery like this, you've got to think about more than just the bottom line.