Lt. Commander
# 1 Star trek II phasers
12-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Dont know if this has been brougt up before, but is there any way to get pulse phasers like they had in trek II? just as either a toggle effect for normal phasers or all new weapon? As cool as "tng" phasers are id like to see something other than tos phasers and normal phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes, they have been requested many many times. And no, the devs have not done anything to add them to the game, sadly. It's a real shame, they're the only phasers I'd ever want to use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm already running them on my excelsior. Four single front mounted cannons and 4 rear mounted turrets with rapid fire.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
I'm already running them on my excelsior. Four single front mounted cannons and 4 rear mounted turrets with rapid fire.
If only they were the real thing instead of an inadequate approximation.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Those would be cool to have. I'd also like to see Star Trek III and Star Trek V phasers. Those phaser designs would really help the role playing aspect of the game. Sure, you can outfit your bridge crew with the STII uniforms (though, they all wear the captain rank insignia ) but you're still stuck holding a TNG or TOS phaser.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
I've wanted those phasers so badly since I started playing. Was gutted when I got my shiny Constitution class to find I had normal phasers. After been spoilt a little with the TOS phasers I kind of expected to see the same with the Tier 2 Constitution. I don't mind so much the ground weaponry, I can work around that. However, I really miss those gatling style phasers from TWoK .

Please Cryptic! I beg of you! Bring these in game, they can have the same stats as normal phasers the graphical effect is all we want to see! Perhaps an item that scales with you like the TOS phasers? Would make me very happy!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2011, 04:06 PM
they really don't have a place in game, those ball turret pulse phasers are extremely obsolete by 2409, hell by 2350, and completely inferior to arrays in every way. they aren't just a different look for the same basic weapon, they are a completely different delivery systems and an array wouldn't even fire something that had that pulse effect. arrays also shouldn't be firing blue twin tos beams in game ether.

i'd love there to be a version STO in 2309 or something, just after the tos movie era were a weapon like this is the norm, but in 2409 no.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Again if we are going to have TOS phasers that can scale with us and TOS Connie's and NX enterprises in game with GRAPPLE CABLES.

And they are going to stick LIGHTSABERS in the game in "homage " to star wars. I would venture to say we are far enough outside of reality that asking for TWOK Gatling phasers on my Connie refit is not so bad. Its a lot more Canon than the lightsabers that's for sure!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Again if we are going to have TOS phasers that can scale with us and TOS Connie's and NX enterprises in game with GRAPPLE CABLES.

And they are going to stick LIGHTSABERS in the game in "homage " to star wars. I would venture to say we are far enough outside of reality that asking for TWOK Gatling phasers on my Connie refit is not so bad. Its a lot more Canon than the lightsabers that's for sure!
^^ What he said
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Wait, are we talking about hand phasers or ship phasers? (I was talking about hand phasers) For ship phasers, the dual beam banks are pretty much like the old style phasers. They don't pulse, but they're similar (they even fire from the roll bar on the Miranda and Shikar ships.)