Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2681
12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Short Term:

More visual effects with the different sets. Especially the sets that have no visual effects already.

Grab Fleet members to join the Defera Borg invasion together.

Replay the Breen series "Cold Call" mission while talking to the Ambassador in the Defera sector (I forget the sector's name). It doesn't trigger when I hit replay from the mission/calendar window for some reason.


Mid Term:

Sets that operate on console synergy, and are mostly crafted sets rather than PvE questing rewards.

Faster PvP starts, as I've yet to see a PvP match actually start, nor even seen an existing one to join. Perhaps only require 1 vs 1 PvP and allow for drop-in, drop-out (up to 5 team members per side) until their is only one faction left standing. Maybe make PvP rewards reflect the odds ratio (3 versus 1) and the amount of time spent in the match, to prevent players abusing the freedom of the system.

More PvP-PvE hybrid missions. I've seen one PvE mission versus the Borg in which the KDF can race the FED player to the mission finish (the one you get at K-7 starbase). I'd like there to be more of these and for them to have their own category in the calendar/mission interface so it is easier to join them.


Long-Term

1. Aim for a Clan Wars (Fleet Wars) interface like World of Tanks has for it's Clan Wars. Basically Fleets control territory in the neutral zone in their faction's name, make strategic moves, and then fight scheduled PvP matches in ST:O. With the F2Pers this, I predict this would make some revenue and energize PvP. Make the stakes a couple of diluthium mines, and maybe a 10 zone map to control.

2. Improve the first person shooter aspect of ST:O, specifically the PvP variant. It's pretty lively already, but it'd be more fun (Don't get me wrong, I like the Defera Borg invasion zone---it's pretty fun). Make it smoother and a little more like a 3D MMO shooter. Add more gun, gear, and skill customization for the primary avatar in PvP land war. Note: I'm not talking about the spaceship play---I like that fine.

3. Add another PvP faction, like the Borg, unlocked once you reach endgame with a KDF officer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2682
12-16-2011, 05:15 PM
One thing i all so would like too see is a Shorter Respawn timer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2683
12-17-2011, 03:28 PM
im not sure what short/mid/long term things i want but i these:

Gorn Females? (well its gonna be strange but worth a try

No more getting multiple Boff reqs from C- Store so u can have to get one and the rest are like the regular Boff w/o using C-points (Humans, Vulcans) (though this maybe a stupid one...)

There may be more from me!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2684
12-18-2011, 04:32 AM
mid term perhaps

the mek'leth: that's the short sword the holographic Klingons carry in the Starfleet Academy event .

To go along with that: Mek'leth slash,trust and parry moves.

and a parry move for the bat'leth as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2685
12-18-2011, 02:19 PM
1. Change the "Scan area" to have the option of selecting what you are scanning for i.e. Anomalies, mission waypoints etc... it can be frustrating to be trying to find the next console or what have you only to have the scan default to the nearby anomaly

2. The ability to close the interaction boxes like the "access Exchange" or enter system boxes, these get in the way if I'm not going to that location.

3. Better descriptions for equipment Example I have a Tricobalt Torp launcher that I can't mount on my Explorer class Cruiser and I have no idea why since it's a common ship weapon with no rank limit listed

I'll get back to you on mid and long range wants...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2686
12-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Short term:
More Missions
Long term:
More missions, especially at level cap.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2687
12-18-2011, 10:08 PM
SHORT-TERM

#1 - Holstered weapons and tricorders visible on characters during away missions. (i.e. Rifles slung to back and pistols on waist.

#2 - a TRIBBLE BANK, where we can keep our tribbles we breed away from consumables sometimes stored in the regular bank.

#3 - a working USHAAN on Andor, similar to how it was during the beta testing.

MID-TERM

#1 - an Excomp with attacking ability like the Horta.

#2 - more bridge types/designs....NX-O1 Bridge, Reliant Bridge, Excelcior Bridge, or a "Contest To Design A New Bridge"

#3 - more Alien BOFs and Duty Officers: refer to Star Trek Enterprise and the movie Star Trek The Voyage Home (Council Chamber scene) and Star Trek Undiscovered Country (Khitomer Conference) - Denobulan, Rigellian, Grazerite, Kasheeta, Xelatian, Zaranite, Bzzit Khaht, Ariolo, Arcadian, Aaamazzarite, Coridan, Vorgon, Yridian, Xindi-Arboreal, Xindi-Reptilian, Xindi-Primate, Kazon. Focus on those who are members of the Federation circa 2161, 2286, 2293, and 2379

LONG-TERM

#1 - Fleet Meeting locations...officer/meeting rooms in lower area of Earth Starbase, and/or Fleet Starbases (either/or in Space or Planet-side).

#2 - Expanding to the Gamma Quadrant via Bajoran Wormhole and Delta Quadrant (i.e. Star Trek Voyager) giving access to more gameplay throughout the rest of the Milky Way Galaxy.

#3 - more Mini-Games (i.e. Poker, Tongo, Dom-jot, Parrises Squares, Basic Phaser Target Practice, Velocity (Star Trek Voyager), and Tri-Dimensional Chess). Some of these games could also be played PVPs or challenges to help acquire credits, Gold-Press Latium, Dilithium, Special Gear, Equipment, Clothing or new Titles.

BONUS/ADDITIONAL REQUEST TO CONSIDER -

*ability to put "Kits" on BOFs

*more Pets (i.e. Archer's Beagle (Porthos), Data's Cat (Spot), Janeway's Irish Setter (Mollie)) and give them some added limited ability enhancement when called. If not just having them would be cool.

*more ability to design uniforms (i.e. allowing to mix mercenary with uniform). Contemporary "Off=Duty" clothing jeans, shorts, t-shrts (i.e. Starfleet Academy Clothing Gear such as Athletic t-shirt, hoodies, sweatpants and or Star Trek Online Clothing Gear) and/or OST Mirror Universe variations (i.e. Kirk's Top), and/or Star Trek Motion Picture Security clothing, and/or NX-O1 baseball cap wore in first episode.

*scaling down some of the bridges just like the Constitution Class Bridge...to more realistic scale, some of them are just to big.

*working Shuttle Bay, where all small crafts can be accessed to complete small craft needed missions, or new multi-missions for future episodes.

*ability to Refit/Retrofit Old Starships...adding more consoles, weapons, consumables, or BOFs, slots. A way of crafting a starship using an old starship from one's inventory. Why can't I have another aft weapon slot refitted onto my NX Class? Instead of refitted starships being something we have to buy in the C-Store Why not have players spend credits, dilithium, etc. or have to complete special missions and/or Fleet Missions to acquire components needed for a refit. And since refits take time...why not have it take time like the missions for Duty Officers (i.e. 20hrs to refit or add aft weapon slot and/or 48hrs to add a console slot to engineering. Of course, this should not be an easy task and refits should have limitations. i liked that we had the option to craft a Delta Flyer oppose to simply buying it from the C-Store.

Things To Continue...
I like the puzzles we needed to solve in many of the "Featured Episodes." They made me do a little thinking and made me work for my end rewards.

Things I Miss...
After login, the screen with Character Selection...I miss the first original background on the edge of a station with space and planet in the background. The second revamp background of a transporter was okay, but now the Defiant bridge background isn't all that cool.

The Stateroom (on Earth Starbase) with stair cases on both sides (it made it more grand).

Concerns
Personally, I didn't like the fact that everyone can achieve Vice Admiral given a short amount of time. I thought ranking-up should of been longer or achieved a rank-up after completing a number of "Fleet Special Missions" as a reward. For example, for my third Starfleet Character I tried to keep him at each rank for as long as possible (i.e. Commander Lvl 40) to make it more challenging. Once I completed all the missions available for Commander then I allocated my skill points. Even though I notice that Command Lvl 40 was equivalent to Captain Lvl 30 (or something like that). I did however accumulated some uncommon and rare BOFs by holding out.

QUESTION: Will ranking up continue? Something similar to WOW through new expansion packs which would grand access to new realms and new abilities to skill-up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2688
12-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
#1 - Holstered weapons and tricorders visible on characters during away missions. (i.e. Rifles slung to back and pistols on waist.
That would be totally great... I currently do that by using only a sword and have the "Ent mirror belt" makes the knife look like an extendo sword...




Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
#2 - a TRIBBLE BANK, where we can keep our tribbles we breed away from consumables sometimes stored in the regular bank.
Agreed. my tribbles are also 80% of my bank I have all of them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
#2 - more bridge types/designs....NX-O1 Bridge, Reliant Bridge, Excelcior Bridge, or a "Contest To Design A New Bridge"
more bridges would be great IF they come with accurate uniform options and don't have the clone issues.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
#3 - more Alien BOFs and Duty Officers: refer to Star Trek Enterprise and the movie Star Trek The Voyage Home (Council Chamber scene) and Star Trek Undiscovered Country (Khitomer Conference) - Denobulan, Rigellian, Grazerite, Kasheeta, Xelatian, Zaranite, Bzzit Khaht, Ariolo, Arcadian, Aaamazzarite, Coridan, Vorgon, Yridian, Xindi-Arboreal, Xindi-Reptilian, Xindi-Primate, Kazon. Focus on those who are members of the Federation circa 2161, 2286, 2293, and 2379

That's been needed for a while... also more parts for the alien creation tool.

you maybe interested to know SOME of those are coming as Doffs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
#3 - more Mini-Games (i.e. Poker, Tongo, Dom-jot, Parrises Squares, Basic Phaser Target Practice, Velocity (Star Trek Voyager), and Tri-Dimensional Chess). Some of these games could also be played PVPs or challenges to help acquire credits, Gold-Press Latium, Dilithium, Special Gear, Equipment, Clothing or new Titles.
totally agree... star trek was big on games... and yet we have... none? unless you count... spin the wheel...

Dabo is lame.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
*working Shuttle Bay, where all small crafts can be accessed to complete small craft needed missions, or new multi-missions for future episodes.
yes, that way we don't need to re-power-map every time we take a shuttle out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
*ability to Refit/Retrofit Old Starships...adding more consoles, weapons, consumables, or BOFs, slots. A way of crafting a starship using an old starship from one's inventory. Why can't I have another aft weapon slot refitted onto my NX Class? Instead of refitted starships being something we have to buy in the C-Store Why not have players spend credits, dilithium, etc. or have to complete special missions and/or Fleet Missions to acquire components needed for a refit. And since refits take time...why not have it take time like the missions for Duty Officers (i.e. 20hrs to refit or add aft weapon slot and/or 48hrs to add a console slot to engineering. Of course, this should not be an easy task and refits should have limitations. i liked that we had the option to craft a Delta Flyer oppose to simply buying it from the C-Store.
ahhh... the old "customize your ship" option... Star Trek Legacy planned to do that but it didn't make the final cut of the game... and if Riker could take the Old Ent and glue a third nacelle and a phaser lance on it, why can't we?




Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
QUESTION: Will ranking up continue? Something similar to WOW through new expansion packs which would grand access to new realms and new abilities to skill-up.

it has been discussed... but since STO hasn't even had ANY new content in a year, it's not a priority... obviously.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2689 Suggestions
12-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm not really sure what are these fit...maybe mid-term - long term

Mid-termish:
More uniform options!! It is kind of boring having the same variations on an outfit. The Klingons don't even have off-duty uniforms (at least that show up). (If the Klingons don't maybe consider some for the Orions at least.)

Long term:
Interactions on a personal level with NPCs so the storyline has more life to it. Maybe create some basic interactions that can be played out with NPCs like Bridge officers, or other officers. Something that allows for friendships etc. so there is something more than fighting and missions. =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2690
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Short-Term: Nothing I can think of atm. I will edit once I think of more.

Mid-Term: Fix anomalies spawning in the middle of a hill in exploration missions.

Long Term: Better commendation system rewards in general. The only one that has real rewards is Diplomatic, the rest are just bland *new doff*. Also the diplomatic stuff is so slow even once you get to rank one, there just isn't enough diplomacy xp granted for investigations at that rank.

Stuff you can actually do on your own bridge and ship. Interactions with your BOFF's would be a good start. Missions/dailies on your ship would be even better. Also say if you have a bartender duty officer you can assign them to something called civilian duty and you would find him serving drinks and stuff in the crew deck lounge. Some real customization for your ship basically. Basically make going inside your own ship interesting and not boring.

More maps in exploration missions both space and away types. It becomes all the same after a while. Also adding secondary or bonus objective to these missions would spice them up a bit.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM.