Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Efficient Borg
12-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Quite some time ago I purchasd the Borg BO that I think came with the Amazon pre-order. It's a female Engineer and she has the 'Efficient' trait. However what I have noticed is that I never know how to tell if the efficient trail actually does anything. When I look at the power levels on balanced for instance, they all say 50/50 - no addition based on her skill.


What am I missing here?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunner521
Quite some time ago I purchasd the Borg BO that I think came with the Amazon pre-order. It's a female Engineer and she has the 'Efficient' trait. However what I have noticed is that I never know how to tell if the efficient trail actually does anything. When I look at the power levels on balanced for instance, they all say 50/50 - no addition based on her skill.


What am I missing here?
Are you speced into efficieny as well? Also warp theroist? You actually do start seeing gains with the right traits and specs. Also saurians green blue and purple will have it sometimes as well. I have 3 bo in it plus myself and now two doffs on a cruiser with the borg everything but the aegis shield. It's a star cruiser and I have 82/50 power on everything with it set on balanced.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RontheDude View Post
Are you speced into efficieny as well? Also warp theroist? You actually do start seeing gains with the right traits and specs. Also saurians green blue and purple will have it sometimes as well. I have 3 bo in it plus myself and now two doffs on a cruiser with the borg everything but the aegis shield. It's a star cruiser and I have 82/50 power on everything with it set on balanced.
I actually have two or three saurians with efficient trait that I don't use - since I see no gain from the borg I figured I don't need those - I'll just sell them I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Don't just yet. They have a Tribble build with a fix for Efficiency among other traits like Leadership.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=244159
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know if any KDF boffs (other then the liberated borg) get the efficient trait as well? Because i've spent hours on the AH trying to verify this, and have yet to find a single one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Letheans do, but I've only seen them on Tribble. Hopefully they'll be on Holodeck at some point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunner521
Quite some time ago I purchasd the Borg BO that I think came with the Amazon pre-order. It's a female Engineer and she has the 'Efficient' trait. However what I have noticed is that I never know how to tell if the efficient trail actually does anything. When I look at the power levels on balanced for instance, they all say 50/50 - no addition based on her skill.


What am I missing here?

you have to be in system to notice power level boosters like efficient and skills.


being out in sector space your power levels are not affected by modifiers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Do the levels only get modified by those bridge officers which are assigned to a station?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunner521
Do the levels only get modified by those bridge officers which are assigned to a station?
Of course. Stuff in your inventory has no effect either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Well before the screwup of our skills/consoles/passive traits...it used to give +5 Starship Shield Efficiency, +5 Starship Engine Efficiency, +5 Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency and +5 Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency.

The effects were based on a complex formula and it gave the most noticeable power bonus if a system was set at a power level of 25.

So, for example, if you diverted all power to weapons and shields were at 50 percent then engines and aux at the default 25 power setting would get a little bump.

The power bonus decreased with an increasing power level setting. If your power level was set between 50 and 75, it would be doubtful that you would have seen any bonus at all.

At least - that's how it used to work. Now, who knows?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 AM.