Lt. Commander
I haven't seen anything like this recently on the forums. But it's a problem I've been having for some time now. Crashes are common for me when playing this game. I expect at least one, every gaming session. And predictably when entering ESD. When I have to go to that zone. I quietly sigh in disgust and accept that it's just going to happen. I've accepted this as part of my game play experience. However. It's been a while since I've given up on the idea that this might be a solveable problem. So I'm hoping someone out there has an idea or two that might help me figure out what's causing this.

The regular crashes don't bother me as much as what happens after one occurs. There are several things that can cause the game to crash. Usually it's during a loading screen, when patching or entering Earth Space Dock (every singe time for ESD.) I can't speak to what causes the crashes. From the errors I've read over the past year or so. It seems to be cause by a costume peice of all things. But I truely belive I could remove this as a problem from my gaming experience if I could just get the launcher to work properly after a crash.

Here is the real issue I'm having. After a crash, the Cryptic error report will pop up and request the ususal: "What were you doing at the time of the crash." I always enter as much info as I can remember. The report never shows any progress when gathering information. I have left it on for an entire night, hoping it was just being slow. Weather I leave the error report to endlessly try to load or not I have an issue with the launcher. The launcher will accept my user name and password and begin to launch. It checks for patches, verifies the version of the game and then freezes. And nothing will allow me to enter the game again but me doing a complete shut down and restart. After which, the launcher works fine and verifies all files. The game patches, loads and I can log in again.

However, after years of this old song and dance, the issue persists. If you have any ideas as to whet might be causing this issue or if your having a similar issue. Please feel free to post in this thread. I apologize for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read it.