Lt. Commander
# 11
12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Again if we are going to have TOS phasers that can scale with us and TOS Connie's and NX enterprises in game with GRAPPLE CABLES.

And they are going to stick LIGHTSABERS in the game in "homage " to star wars. I would venture to say we are far enough outside of reality that asking for TWOK Gatling phasers on my Connie refit is not so bad. Its a lot more Canon than the lightsabers that's for sure!
the games in bad shape, so its ok if they make it worse! i'd rather draw the line personally
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't see any harm in them to be fair, at least they're from the same IP lol. In all honesty, the game has absolutely no continuity as far as technology being used. We've got D'Kyrs fighting alongside Sovreigns and Excelsiors. We have the NX-01 fighting with Mirandas and Centaurs. People wear whatever uniform (uni - one) which isn't very uniform like. I have some characters in TOS uniforms, others in TNG and then I made one up for my VA in his Venture.

This game is pretty much about how the player wants his or her Trek to look like. You want TOS? Awesome fly the Connie with the TOS bridge and have an awesome time. Want something like TNG? Get in the Galaxy and do it that way, or hell if you want to make up your own species entirely and do things your way it's all possible.

I fail to understand how this could effect the game in any way at all. If anything it would be a really nice addition, I would bet that these would be quite popular if they were brought into the game. I know I'd be flying the Excelsior again in no time wouldn't hesitate to drop the Venture refit!

So, Cryptic... any word at all? Even if it's a no, could someone at least just make a quick comment so we can put this topic to rest? It's been brought up a few times so I would say it warrants consideration no?
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I find it funny that those style phasers remind me more of JJTrek phasers than anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
I find it funny that those style phasers remind me more of JJTrek phasers than anything else.
Yeah I did think that myself, although they display a vague resemblance they remind me much more of the lasers from Star Wars .
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I think as far as ship,weapons go, the TMP- era weapons would be something like a "pulsed array" or something of that nature. Something cannon-like but with the firing arcs of a beam array.

On the other hand, I would like to see heavier beam weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Well no response from Cryptic... nevermind I guess we tried. Nice to see where their priorities lie though... the nanopulse weapons are absolutely terrible, the time it took them to come up wit that gimmick could have brought something players actually wanted to the game but nevermind...