Lt. Commander
# 21
12-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrayman View Post
You would still have to buy the game most likely its the same with other f2p games.
That is incorrect.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
That is incorrect.
The game ?
Yes, GN
its about a Collectible item and if you still wanted to stay a Gold Sub it would give you a months credit?
or more. Thanks Cryptic.
Its sort of nice like the Store Box Deluxe . Which is different from a discount Jewel box edition.
Even if many of the Exclusive items are other give aways or C store.

A Few Card Stock or Poster items in a nice store display would have helped so a good STO image.
Anything Positive and helping show case STO ..

F2P can co exist here with further ideas like this to appeal and recover former subs..
and improve the positioning of Asking PW to add Sub early in or exclusive first play content?

----------------------------------------------
MArketing ala WOW but using humour like a Harry Kim bit
"Hey, IT took me 7 years to MAke Lt..But in STO seven hours?"
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I too would like to hear a confirmation regarding the 500 C-Points. Although I find it kind of silly to promote a game discount less than a month before official F2P (not to mention that you can easily and legally get a retail version of the game for free at certain giveaways), the bonuses alone would make me at least consider the purchase.

Still, -50% is expensive, and I remember the game had a -75% discount on Steam numerous times. Perhaps it will appear as a daily deal soon?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I bought the deal today, just now, and I can confirm I DID receive 500CP as soon as I redeemed the code.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
I dont see the logic in this... the game goes F2P on Jan 17th. So why would anyone buy it now?
this.

there is no sense at all in buying a game that is going free to play in less than a month.

Quote:
Because a F2P download client won't have:
Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).
Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”
Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.
Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.
which means nothing. it would be cheaper to simply wait a month and buy the points needed to get those things

and paying $7.49 for the tos uniforms is a ripoff. nothing else in that list is worth paying for.

Quote:
You would still have to buy the game most likely its the same with other f2p games.
you don't buy the game in other free to play games. that would not make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpasiii View Post
I bought the deal today, just now, and I can confirm I DID receive 500CP as soon as I redeemed the code.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Considering that I have to pay an additional tax if I want to buy C-Points, and that I don't have any of the Deluxe Edition bonuses, I may think about the purchase. Yet for now I'll wait and see if it appears as a daily deal, with -75% offer.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpasiii View Post
I will confirm this too

I seeing the 500 CP is $6.25, and I had the DDE already. Basically I just bought the Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret for 1.24

However, if you don't have any of the other stuff unlocked I say get this.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Anybody know if the free 1 month is still included in this?
Or was that just when the game came out?
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
yes, but a would i get the two steam exclusives the phaser battery and the phaser luancher or was that just one item it sounds described as two, and would i then have to log vinto my steam account to use the steam exclusive?

would it leave me with both versions installed? would the steam version ignore my normal versions extras?
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosaturn View Post
I will confirm this too

I seeing the 500 CP is $6.25, and I had the DDE already. Basically I just bought the Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret for 1.24

However, if you don't have any of the other stuff unlocked I say get this.
Excellent!

Now the question is, did your new Steam DDE stack time-wise (30 days playtime) with the other DDE, or did you only get the CP and Turret and no extra playtime?