Lt. Commander
# 1 Pass/Fail Ratio
12-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Can we please have a ratio for each DOFF on their profile that counts their successful missions and failed missions?

I have quite a few doffs on my roster and it gets a little hard to separate the good from the bad. I have a few quartermasters and one who claims he is. Sometimes I can see his picture and sometimes I cannot. Those times I cant, I might send him out on a mission which he will inevitably fail. But with the borg missions or helping newbies, Ill forget to remove him.
Seeing a pass/fail raito will help myself and others to trim down their roster list.
Thanks for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 01:56 PM
The pass / fail is completely random.. even with 2 doff's the same they will get different results each time they are used.. ergo no point in that much information which is effectively useless.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Perhaps it is random.

Yet, I see that pie chart and I get "probability". If a weatherperson said there is a 75% chance that there will be no rain, I would not take my jacket when I left the house.
Not taking in consideration the helpful traits a doff would need to get a critical success, if a mission with my "quartermaster" has an 80% success probability and he manages to bungle it I need to know why and act on that information. If it is random, fine: he failed, he sucks. But to continuously fail assignments?

If anything is random, its the rewards. Why do I get a certain amount of resources or scan anomalies when another officer will find more?
Im not looking to get into the semantics of probability and randomness or "random probability", I just see probability with a pie chart and a numbers game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Just quality and traits, there's nothing more to doffs. Everything that makes them better or worse at an assignment is right there in their dossier and the mission inputs. Their past failures have nothing to do with future success, their traits don't lie, and they don't get better with use.

If you have one doff habitually failing, the failure is 100% with the captain who's putting them in missions they are not suited for.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-18-2011, 11:21 AM
http://forums.veteransofwar.org/view...tart=10#p20542

I like to rp and execute officers that fail too much.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
You know what they say about percents. If it's not 100%, you can always fail. If it isn't 0%, you can always succeed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-19-2011, 11:22 AM
We investigated keeping track of individual duty officer's service record, but the simple answer is the data storage requirements were simply too extreme - this is, in fact, the same reason you can't rename your duty officers or promote them.

Players are privy to all the information, though - there are no hidden values affecting success for individual duty officers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I personally, keep a journal. For my KDF, she's gotta remember which people are incompetent after all.

I can't see much of a reason to track the numbers for Federation though - they frown upon throwing them out the airlock...