Lt. Commander
# 1 Confused
12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Do the % consoles stack? Should I use 3x +26% phaser damage?
If that is true, then should I not also use the +35% shield cap console?
If they don't stack by console name, could you use +26% phaser and a +18% to all energy weapons and they work together? Or does it just use the best % modifier?

Thanks for any clarifications.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Weapon damage consoles don't have any penalty when you use more of them. If you're using all phaser weapons, it means more phaser relays are better. It also encourages players to use only one damage type because they gain the maximum benefit from 3x26% consoles of the same damage type.

The 35% shield cap engineering console only works once, and it's pretty much a must-have for any ship.

The only console that doesn't add the same % benefit when you stack more than one of the same type are armor consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
I remember something about diminishing returns at the 75% mark so that nothing is more than +75% effective.
I'm not sure what that effects. I was under the impression it applied to everything.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Diminishing returns only affect armor consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2011, 03:37 PM
I really think they should use diminishing returns on these tactical consoles, if only to get people to want to put points in other things... There's still intelligent ways to do it that would allow a focus on damage. Like say a Phaser Relay + the Energy Damage Booster thingie (Sorry can't think of the name off the top of my head) + torpedo console. If its diminishing at least there's a reason to spread the love around while still offering options and strategies. Personally I wish we'd have double the amount of 'slots' available to enhance our ships with for greater differentiation.