Lt. Commander
# 11
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
It would be nice if we could use the DOff system to negate Dilithium tax.
Instead of paying up in dilithium to Craft an item we instead pay "time" with the DOff system.
Nice idea but it won't happen, as if you watched Stoked #107, Al said that the Dilithium to crafting was specifically to prevent people crafting Mk XI purples and therefore avoid Dilithium that other vendors of Mk X/XI items were using.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
We've talked about reexamining crafting in light of the duty officer system. It is something that Borticus will be looking into.
Great Idea !!!!!!!!.... Please just leave Dilithium or C-Points out of it....
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
It would be nice if we could use the DOff system to negate Dilithium tax.
Instead of paying up in dilithium to Craft an item we instead pay "time" with the DOff system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
Great Idea !!!!!!!!.... Please just leave Dilithium or C-Points out of it....
I think this could work if the crafting times for items through DOffing make manual crafting using dilithium blocks more attractive to those who the items 'now' and not in 2 days times etc.

Still it does weaken the dilithium economy. Remember getting the dilithium needed for blocks (if your doing it yourself) is one part of what funds the trading in of cstore points (after buying them) which keeps this game alive. Weaken it enough and like a house of cards it will fall down.

Best of luck to Borticus to find a Balance here.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-17-2011, 10:07 AM
It's a good idea to have the doffs involved in crafting, but you aren't getting past the Dilithium expenditure. Cryptic has already ruined crafting by making it "Pay 2 Play", and every dollar they can suck out of you.....they will.

The way crafting is now, it encourages you to buy buy cpoints and convert to dilithium. They're not going to change that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-17-2011, 10:34 AM
The new crafting works great for people who want to skip some of the tedious gathering grind that a lot of MMOs call gameplay, and just put down some money (probably less than they'd get paid, at minimum wage, for that time) and say "give me the purples."
For people who had the idea that they were getting something for nothing, and not counting/paying attention to how many hours they were putting in... not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
We've talked about reexamining crafting in light of the duty officer system. It is something that Borticus will be looking into.
Hmm, I am all for including DOFF system in getting components for crafting (especially the unreplicateable materials or new schematics). However, if you revamp the actual crafting system please make sure to keep it an at the keyboard process.

What I wish for is that crafting is made more complext, adding for example sub components that eventually need ot be put together to the component you want. I would also think that during the crafting process the special attributes should be a player choice.

As for crafting at Memory alpha... I am really torn, as this game needs sozail hubs and if everyone can craft everywhere we loose another social area.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfman View Post
Hmm, I am all for including DOFF system in getting components for crafting (especially the unreplicateable materials or new schematics). However, if you revamp the actual crafting system please make sure to keep it an at the keyboard process.

What I wish for is that crafting is made more complext, adding for example sub components that eventually need ot be put together to the component you want. I would also think that during the crafting process the special attributes should be a player choice.

As for crafting at Memory alpha... I am really torn, as this game needs sozail hubs and if everyone can craft everywhere we loose another social area.
Why do we need more social areas? I'd much rather go down to engineering on my ship to craft equipment. In Star Trek, the social areas should be inside you and your friends' ships, not arbitrary planets where no one knows anyone else and you just crowd together lagging out.

Give us crafting, mail, exchange, and bank services in our interiors. Put a timer on them if you have to (like the Azura). More useful interiors, not more useless social zones!