Lt. Commander
# 21
12-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
... Nor do I defend STOked on it's recent decision to be a "positive fan show only". (I'd rather see issues reported on from all angles - negative, positive and in between.)
I agree with you, don't get me wrong I listen to Jupiter STOKED religiously, however; I'm stumped at the recent stances the Podcast has taken - Though I now understand why STOKED is sticking strictly to a fanboy policy - its due to all the love Cryptic is showing them along with the fact that JMan is their inside man., even though he is not allowed to speak on record with the STOKED team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
But it's unfair to accuse Jeremy of "using his dev status to hook a buddy up" which I'm sure is against Cryptic Employee Policy. Jupiter Fleet is large and for all we know it was a gift from a fleet member or some friend other than Jeremy. If Cryptic wants to investigate that's up to them, but it's honestly no one's business where he got the ship or if he chooses to use it himself or promote STOked with it.
Devs from WOW, GW etc.. do the same for friends and neighbors, as long as the item, um hum.... as long as the item is not a gamebreaking item. The JMan has been Chris partner for a long time in his Podcast days, and since Jupiter STOKED is the non-official spokeperson for STO - it wouldn't suprise me if they get some cool goodies and recognition.

What would be considered unfair and ugly if certain members of Cryptic hooking up Jupiter Force fleet members & their leaders etc... then we can see this is a problem. Its bad enough and somewhat shady that Chris received one, its just unknown who gave to him.

(Note: I am not saying that Cryptic is supporting a specific fleet, merely friends hooking others up - happens with all MMO's)
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-20-2011, 01:46 AM
I can't be the only one who has noticed that the more positive pod casts get developer interview love and on more than one occasion, a job at Cryptic. i'm sure someone from Cryptic will be along to assure everyone this is not the case but unfortunately actions speak volumes over words.

RSA doesn't get love because they don't sing Cryptic's praises. period. Thats why they don't respond to your requests for interviews. Honestly though given the choice between getting asked tough questions on pod cast a and being worshiped on pod cast b, i'd choose b. Its just human nature.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
I agree it's frustrating sometimes, but coming on the forums isn't the way to voice that complaint. Honestly if you have problems with PR there are easy ways to go about it (as in go up the food chain) via e-mails.
We have done that. We have tried "going higher" as you suggest. Absolutely nothing. Not a single response. No replies to any email, private message in-game (if we happen to see one one), hell we've tried calling their offices directly, no go.

Tell me, what do you do when you've gone as high up the chain as you can get, and the entire way up you get zero responses each and every way up the ladder of authority figures? Continue to email them in vain hopes that maybe, just maybe, they might reply with the word "no"? We can't even get that much.

I agree, SSR has put a lot out there as well. But that is not the lynch pin of our, dissatisfaction here. Go look at the news posts on the front page, how many times does STOked get a mention? Or Priority One? Even Podcast UGC gets more and now the newer podcasts like Tribbles in Ecstasy get mentioned? SSR also gets mentions far more. If it was a "one time" ordeal I'd easily agree with you and brush it off. But it's a recurring theme that has been going on for almost two years now.

Yes, it may seem "complainy" but at what point do you find it acceptable to wait? How many nails in the proverbial coffin do you need before you yourself would get fed up? Two of the major podcasts now have previous show members who work for them now.. All the podcasts except us get this extremely rare item everyone and their mother wants (which is blatantly singling us OUT), we get zero responses going on years worth of emails, calls, etc. At what point do you say "enough is enough" at being treated like this?

Trust me I wanted to say something about these things long, long ago. But we kept quiet. We didn't want to air "dirty laundry" out there but as I said originally the free rare ship was the straw that broke it. Can you not understand how, literally depressing it is to see every other podcast get some type of recognition and we get, nothing? We don't want a free ship. We don't want jobs there, but a simple "hey we know you do what you do" or a response to an email, would be enough. We aren't even respected enough to get that much.

People who have the least popular jobs in real life, dish washers, trash men, janitors, get more respect at what they do than what we've received from Cryptic in doing our podcast. When the guy who cleans the toilets at your place of work gets more recognition than someone loving and promoting your game can, you don't think that is not wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
I can't be the only one who has noticed that the more positive pod casts get developer interview love and on more than one occasion, a job at Cryptic. i'm sure someone from Cryptic will be along to assure everyone this is not the case but unfortunately actions speak volumes over words.

RSA doesn't get love because they don't sing Cryptic's praises. period. Thats why they don't respond to your requests for interviews. Honestly though given the choice between getting asked tough questions on pod cast a and being worshiped on pod cast b, i'd choose b. Its just human nature.
This is 100% false. I've seen radio stations, podcasts etc be critical about cryptic, but still get interviews and what have you. It's all in the delivery.

If it's a slam/flame show that does nothing but bash them left and right well duh the odds are said show won't get an interview.

However if you do some bad, some good balancing it out then yes I'm sure any community can get interviews.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Does this really matter?

If it does to "you" then keep on trucking but " I " am not bothered by it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
We have done that. We have tried "going higher" as you suggest. Absolutely nothing. Not a single response. No replies to any email, private message in-game (if we happen to see one one), hell we've tried calling their offices directly, no go.

Tell me, what do you do when you've gone as high up the chain as you can get, and the entire way up you get zero responses each and every way up the ladder of authority figures? Continue to email them in vain hopes that maybe, just maybe, they might reply with the word "no"? We can't even get that much.

I agree, SSR has put a lot out there as well. But that is not the lynch pin of our, dissatisfaction here. Go look at the news posts on the front page, how many times does STOked get a mention? Or Priority One? Even Podcast UGC gets more and now the newer podcasts like Tribbles in Ecstasy get mentioned? SSR also gets mentions far more. If it was a "one time" ordeal I'd easily agree with you and brush it off. But it's a recurring theme that has been going on for almost two years now.

Yes, it may seem "complainy" but at what point do you find it acceptable to wait? How many nails in the proverbial coffin do you need before you yourself would get fed up? Two of the major podcasts now have previous show members who work for them now.. All the podcasts except us get this extremely rare item everyone and their mother wants (which is blatantly singling us OUT), we get zero responses going on years worth of emails, calls, etc. At what point do you say "enough is enough" at being treated like this?

Trust me I wanted to say something about these things long, long ago. But we kept quiet. We didn't want to air "dirty laundry" out there but as I said originally the free rare ship was the straw that broke it. Can you not understand how, literally depressing it is to see every other podcast get some type of recognition and we get, nothing? We don't want a free ship. We don't want jobs there, but a simple "hey we know you do what you do" or a response to an email, would be enough. We aren't even respected enough to get that much.

People who have the least popular jobs in real life, dish washers, trash men, janitors, get more respect at what they do than what we've received from Cryptic in doing our podcast. When the guy who cleans the toilets at your place of work gets more recognition than someone loving and promoting your game can, you don't think that is not wrong?
I do get your point, I really do.

It was my personal opinion that going this route wasn't the best way. While I'm sure this will provoke a response, hopefully it will be a positive one
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-20-2011, 02:42 AM
I have to say that Cryptic should treat all Podcasts and websites in their community equally, especially when handing out high quality freebies that the majority of the community is really wanting.

TBH, giving away these Ultra-High Quality freebies is just a slap to the face of everyone who strove so hard in trying to get one of these JAFs and literally spent hundreds of dollars in trying to buy one of these ships.

And Mav, with all due respect, I think your post might do your podcast more harm than good. Not only are you openly being hostile to Cryptic on their forums, but your post might cause your Podcast to lose face by the community as well. So I trust you would reword your "concerns" that would rally community support.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-20-2011, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't feel especially singled out. The December event has seemed as a big FU to the player base, of which RSA is clearly a part.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-20-2011, 03:07 AM
I for one am a little upset about the whole thing!! We do a podcast about Star Trek online and the love we have for the game. I think Redshirt army does a high Quality show, we all do are part on bringing the new and info about star trek online to the community. I could just spend my time with my family or play something else but i do this for the love of Star trek. I would like an answer from cryptic. I'm still going to play Star trek online as i always have, but at this point that will be all i do nothing else. sometimes i ask myself why do i even bother

-Cohas
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
And Mav, with all due respect, I think your post might do your podcast more harm than good. Not only are you openly being hostile to Cryptic on their forums, but your post might cause your Podcast to lose face by the community as well. So I trust you would reword your "concerns" that would rally community support.
If it was just my own opinion, I would agree. But it's a concenus amongst our cast. And as I responded to SSR, at what point to you say "ok no more of this"? It may cost us listeners, I know. But we have our principles and, most of which we were raised to follow. If that means less people listening to us, so be it that's what is meant to be but at least we'll have voiced our dissatisfaction. A hefty price to pay I agree but it's one we are willing to do.
Closed Thread