Lt. Commander
# 41
12-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Mav, I'm sorry to say your Original post has pretty much eliminated any chance of me listening to the RSA podcast again. I'm sorry, but this sort of reaction is incredibly unprofessional.

If you want to feel slighted by Cryptic, you have every right... but as someone that works in media, I can tell you sincerely that airing out this sort of stuff in a public forum reflects poorly on your podcast as a whole.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
Mav, I'm sorry to say your Original post has pretty much eliminated any chance of me listening to the RSA podcast again. I'm sorry, but this sort of reaction is incredibly unprofessional.

If you want to feel slighted by Cryptic, you have every right... but as someone that works in media, I can tell you sincerely that airing out this sort of stuff in a public forum reflects poorly on your podcast as a whole.
Same here.

I will not support any group that does what you has done.It is plain and simple unprofessional and a poor choice.

Besides looking at your posting history do you honestly question why Cryptic do not give you the time of day in terms of interviews etc.
You are not good for the community with your behavior on the forums and the way you do your podcast with such negativity does not help that image at all either.

A company is going to support people who support them plain and simple and you simply are not one of those groups.Blizzard does it all the time in WoW with free tickets and perks to their conventions and such to certain guilds and podcasters and machinima makers.

This is nothing new in the business world.

I see nothing wrong with it.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post

I have to agree with this. I haven't worked in media since grad school, but what lilravegirl is saying was true back in the 80s and 90s -- and I presume is just as true today.

Respectfully, Mav, I know where you're coming from, but airing your grievances like this is unprofessional and -- IMO -- is unlikely to result in a resolution of the sort you're probably seeking.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbert View Post
The world runs on social courtesy and civility, my friend. Doubly more so in the entertainment industry, where appearances and perception mean everything. The very notion of "if you're offended that's your problem not mine" basically slams the two-way discourse door in the face of that person, especially when it comes to things like recognition. People generally tolerate working with other people whom they might not like but still try to make an effort. The people who basically have a chip on their shoulder from the get-go? Fuggedaboutit

I have read Mavgeek's posts in other contexts and for the most part they sound ranty, a lot of posts which come off giving the perception that Mavgeek "knows what's best" or whatever. Of course RSA is not going to be considered a good PR partner if they were on the air this entire time and never managed once to get devs or community managers on their show. Just because they've been around the longest does not mean they deserve anything. Hollywood is not a meritocracy (then again neither are most things that involve money these days).
That my friend is why I live by a simple rule. Respect given is respect earned. You can still be civil and drop the fake front to accomplish what it is your after...compromise does not have to be a rear kissing contest. No chips, no shoulders, I actually do operate under such simplicity.

And in all honesty I really do not care if one is offended by my words.....because it truly is their problem not mine. I mean what I say, and I say what I mean. Even if some are rubbed the wrong way. I still use tact and civility in my tone...just don't expect me to sugar coat anything. I cannot be held responsible for anothers insecurity and the reaction that follows. You are your own person, I cannot presume to take responsibility for your actions.

As far as Hollyweird goes....well.....you wont find me there. The OP has the right to put it out there so to speak.....is this the right venue? Maybe not. Is he going about it in a way condusive to the mold Cryptic is used to? Again maybe not. His method of complaint and his reasoning for doing so is driven by his perception of lack of fair treatment. It does not dismiss the way he runs his show.....some like it, some don't. Some will listen, some will not.

All Im driving at is, he has the right to complain....perhaps here isnt the best place.....that doesn't make the meat of his complaint any less valid does it?
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
...that doesn't make the meat of his complaint any less valid does it?
Marshall McLuhan might disagree with you emphatically.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Have you asked?
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Cryptic must've missed my name on the list for free bugships, I haven' seen mine yet either...
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-20-2011, 07:43 AM
I have to agree with the people that say this "why them and not me?" attitude only serves to put off potential and/or current listeners to your show.

To be honest, I have never heard of your show. I might have checked it out had I heard about it in a different way. Now my first impression on your podcast is "jealous", "sad" and "needy". Not saying that is in fact the case, but that that's the impression you have given me. I would recommend a little more professionalism in the future.

I wish you the best of luck with your show.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-20-2011, 07:59 AM
having a podcast does not entitle anyone to anything. i genuinely have no idea why cryptic have not given you an interview. i dont listen to your show so i have no idea what you do or say there. perhaps you deserve and interview or two. perhaps you deserve a bug ship, perhaps you dont. i honestly dont know but this thread does nothing to help your cause.

assuming this gift is 100% accurate and not just some crossed wires, then its a gift from cryptic to certain people that they either like or feel they deserve it.

there are a few other people that i feel probably deserve a ship for their work with the community in one way or another that probably dont get one. but thats kind of the nature of a gift. not everyone gets one and only the person giving it can decide who gets it.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Well at least the "Holiday Scam" aka the "Holiday Event" will be over soon!

Favoritism for Sure!
Closed Thread