Lt. Commander
# 31
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
Excellent!

Now the question is, did your new Steam DDE stack time-wise (30 days playtime) with the other DDE, or did you only get the CP and Turret and no extra playtime?
Sorry I cant' help you there , since I am a lifer.

When Champs online had a similar offer it did come with 30 days and stacked
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Anybody know if the free 1 month is still included in this?
Or was that just when the game came out?
All editions of the game come with at least 30 days game time as far as I'm aware.
Lt. Commander
# 33 500 pts for LTS?
12-20-2011, 12:16 AM
If this is added to a Lifetime Subscription will I get an extra 500pts?
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-W
If this is added to a Lifetime Subscription will I get an extra 500pts?
yes you will get 500cp and anything else you haven't unlock the the DDE offers
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-20-2011, 02:09 AM
decided to buy it and i got 500 points as well as the other bits and bobs. so not a bad deal in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-20-2011, 02:21 AM
Regarding the free 30 days, I think this one does not apply if you already have a STO accout. I'd rather have someone confirm this, but afaik you get two keys - one steam/retail, and one with the bonuses. The former gives you a retail/steam version of the game with free 30 days (which is not applicable for existing players), while the latter gives you all of the DDE bonuses and CP.

Still, I'll wait for now, as I'm afraid this whole winter sale will suck all the money from my wallet...
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-20-2011, 02:42 AM
I'll try and clear up as much of the confusion/questions as I can.

Here's what you're getting; Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition, the basic DDE offered by all the digital distributors which includes;
  • TOS Uniform Set (280 points in C Store)
  • Joined Trill (240 points in C Store)
  • “KHAAAN!” Emote (20 points in C Store)
  • Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (20 points in C Store)
  • NX Registry Prefix (80 points in C Store)
  • Automated Defense Battery console. Similar to the console that comes with the Thunderchild class.
Buying the Steam version gets you two additional items;You also get 500 Cryptic Points (not listed, but others have confirmed receiving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Anybody know if the free 1 month is still included in this? Or was that just when the game came out?
All editions of the game come with at least 30 days game time as far as I'm aware. The exception to this being the Gold edition of the game sold by EU retailers which came with an additional 30 days.

Monthly subscribers benefit the most from this deal, getting one months playtime ($14.99), 500 cryptic points ($6.25), items to the value of 640 cryptic points ($8), and items not available in the c store. $29.24 worth of service and items for $7.49.

For lifers, its only really worth picking up if you want to collect the DDE items, or as some have mentioned, if the cost of C Store points + tax is greater than $7.49.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
there is no sense at all in buying a game that is going free to play in less than a month.
Unless you plan on downgrading your characters to continue playing with them, you will have to continue paying a monthly sub as a gold member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
which means nothing. it would be cheaper to simply wait a month and buy the points needed to get those things
Your math is wonky. For $7.49 you're getting $14.25 of Cryptic points (640 already spent on items, 500 to spend as you wish. Also don't forget, Deangelo has said that come F2P launch C Store prices are likely to change, and if what happened on tribble is any indication, that means most prices will go UP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewkesman View Post
yes, but a would i get the two steam exclusives the phaser battery and the phaser luancher or was that just one item it sounds described as two, and would i then have to log vinto my steam account to use the steam exclusive?

would it leave me with both versions installed? would the steam version ignore my normal versions extras?
Yes, you get both the Automated Defense Battery (it deal plasma damage not phaser), and the Light Phaser Satellite Turret.

When you purchase STO through steam it will give you 2 Keys, these need adding to your STO account using the Redeem Key section on the STO website. The items, game time, and cryptic points will then be added to your account. You'll be able to use them in any version of STO, whether its your current standalone installation or installed through steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
Now the question is, did your new Steam DDE stack time-wise (30 days playtime) with the other DDE, or did you only get the CP and Turret and no extra playtime?
Game time only stacks if it comes from different retailers, and I think the same is true of cryptic points included with game editions.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Game time only stacks if it comes from different retailers, and I think the same is true of cryptic points included with game editions.
I'd quite like some confirmation on this. I originally bought the DDE from Direct2drive, so if what the quote says is correct, I would receive the extra 30 days game time (bought from different stores), but not the 500 points because I'd be buying 2 versions of the DDE.

Correct?
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-20-2011, 07:42 AM
If there are 500 C-Store points included as well, that is a hell of a deal.
Not only for monthlys, but just Europeans as well.
Steam doesnt charge you that ridiculous tax that Cryptic does.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
I'd quite like some confirmation on this. I originally bought the DDE from Direct2drive, so if what the quote says is correct, I would receive the extra 30 days game time (bought from different stores), but not the 500 points because I'd be buying 2 versions of the DDE.

Correct?
Both should stack if they come from different retailers.