Lt. Commander
# 61
12-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSnowblind View Post
IYou said it yourself, you're not as big as some of the other podcasts around, I don't know why Crypitc might have ignored you, but it's like they owe you anything. Perhaps they just aren't aware of you.. I certainly wasn't before now and this kind of whining and entitlement just ensures that I will never listen to your podcast.
Even I'm awere of RSA and I've only watched STOked and one episode of Priority One. The odds of Cryptic not being aware of them is... lower than the odds of getting a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship from racing. I can certainly undestand his frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Let's remember the OP says they contacted Cryptic's PR e-mail address many different times. So someone in Cryptic had to know about them.
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Let's remember the OP says they contacted Cryptic's PR e-mail address many different times. So someone in Cryptic had to know about them.
And they might have been less happy with how guests were handled or other factors, such as mavgeek's behavior.

Look, PodcastUGC often spends their whole show being critical but HOW they do it is key. They get interviews. They were given a bug ship which they are regifting via a contest.

At the end of the day, I think dev interviews are an off-the-clock thing that they volunteer for, that PR just sometimes helps in arranging. So you're not dealing with a systemic bias here but that the individual devs are apparently not interested in going on RSA on their own time as much as they are with STOked or Priority One of even Podcast UGC.

I think the problem here is that mavgeek keeps saying, essentially, "I act like a jerk and nobody wants to be my friend."

Now, is there a place for a more critical podcast? Absolutely.But if that's what you're going for, dev "scoops" are irrelevant.
Lt. Commander
# 64
12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
Mav, I'm sorry to say your Original post has pretty much eliminated any chance of me listening to the RSA podcast again. I'm sorry, but this sort of reaction is incredibly unprofessional.

If you want to feel slighted by Cryptic, you have every right... but as someone that works in media, I can tell you sincerely that airing out this sort of stuff in a public forum reflects poorly on your podcast as a whole.
As said previously we knew going into this post we all agreed upon this would cost us in the long run, and we still feel it's worth the price. I'm sorry but I was raised to treat people better than the staff of Cryptic have treated others. We are doing what we think is right, standing up for what we believe in. If that' is a crime or wrong in anyway, we can at least say we tried at the end of the day.

We thank you for your patronage and hope some day you may listen again. If not, god bless and merry christmas.
Lt. Commander
# 65
12-20-2011, 12:50 PM
And just to clear it up since many just skip over the original description, it's not about the bugship. Yes this was a partial catalyst but it is the over all lack of respect Cryptic has given to us.

We never claimed to be the best podcast, or even a good podcast. We do what we do and if folks listen they listen, if not that is no skin off our backs. What we are ****ed about, and remember this is we not just my opinion, is the lack of a response.

Imagine you applied for a job in real life, but the company would never take your calls, never respond to your emails, nothing. It would be one thing if they responded and said "We're sorry the job has been filled" right? But if they never respond at all, that shows a lack of respect and general niceness of being human. That is what Cryptic has done for two years, that we are angry over. It's not whether or not so and so gets a free ship. Put the damn thing in the C-Store, I'll buy my own. It's the fact that we've sent hundreds of emails over the years, called them, you name it and they don't even have the dignity to say "No".

That's all it would take, one simple word. If they said "No" we'd let it go at that and never say another word about it.

We may suck as a podcast, since that's the general consensus most people come to, but we try. We put in the work, the effort, when many others don't (those that choose to not do a podcast or a fansite or whatnot). At the end of the day we can say we tried. I'll take that any day of the week, over the best podcast out of the bunch.
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
And they might have been less happy with how guests were handled or other factors, such as mavgeek's behavior.

Look, PodcastUGC often spends their whole show being critical but HOW they do it is key. They get interviews. They were given a bug ship which they are regifting via a contest.

At the end of the day, I think dev interviews are an off-the-clock thing that they volunteer for, that PR just sometimes helps in arranging. So you're not dealing with a systemic bias here but that the individual devs are apparently not interested in going on RSA on their own time as much as they are with STOked or Priority One of even Podcast UGC.

I think the problem here is that mavgeek keeps saying, essentially, "I act like a jerk and nobody wants to be my friend."

Now, is there a place for a more critical podcast? Absolutely.But if that's what you're going for, dev "scoops" are irrelevant.
My response was to the suggestion that Cryptic simply did not know RSA existed.

Edit:
Mavgeek, you at the very least gained a new listener to your podcasts right here.
Lt. Commander
# 67
12-20-2011, 12:56 PM
mavgeek - if this was a contest, you obviously didn't finish first with the devs. You whined when you lost. Noted. Now you are unlikely to finish first with your fans as well.

GG
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Not this fan. I will still listen and I understand RSA's angst at this situation.
I will continue to listen to get a darker view of the commings and goings of STO to balance out the other more "upbeat only" podcasts.
Had it not been for RSA, I would never of known about the diltihium conversion, STF bugs and other aspects of the game that sometimes do not see daylight in other podcasts.
Much like I read and listen to News Programs from the MIddle east, the EU and Japan to get all sides of the story to balance against mine own countries sometimes skewed news sources.
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
I like the part where people who had no prior intention of listening to RSA's podcast leap in to make sure everyone knows they're not going to in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 70
12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Pretty sure I recognize you from several highly critical comments directed at Cryptic for what you feel are bad decisions. And it's not even the good kind of critical; you tend to be outright insulting.

And since you're the only one flying an RSA banner around here, you're probably the one they think of when they get anything from RSA at all.

You honestly think they'd promote you guys with how poor a job you do representing them...?
I have to agree with Above....I dont even know what RSA is and then i read this long complainy post that to me sounds like it should have been a PM to a Cryptic Forum Person.
Closed Thread