Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Not Responding
12-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Since the F2P build went live, I have been experiencing major lag issues, and getting the 'Server Not Responding' message on a fairly regular basis, usually at peak times when there are a lot of people online.

Last night, I joined a Borg Red Alert, and the rest of the group had nearly killed the boss ship by the time I finally got into the instance. I was even dc'ed, and I think that was due to idle timeout, I was waiting that long.

I've noticed the problem occurs more (Not Responding message lasts longer and appears more frequently)when joining an instance than moving from sector to sector, but it still happens then.

The last time I had this kind of problem was because I was playing on a PC that barely met minimum spaces. My current PC is a lot better and easily exceeds all recommended specs for STO. So, I can rule that out.

I ran a TraceRT and Nettest, both of which I have saved as a text file, which I could send in, if I knew where to send it to. The TraceRT results were fine. Most connections were below 150, with only one above 180 (206ms). The Nettest results were a bit low, averaging about 218/10/230 KBps.

Any advice on improving my Nettest results? I understand it has something to do with ports on my PC, but I'm not sure what. Also, in case this continues, what email address do I contact to send my test results to?

Oh, and my ISP is Virgin Media.

Thanks for any advice
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2011, 07:16 AM
I have been experiencing this myself a lot more so since Tuesdays maintenance, I'm also in the UK and with a different isp.

I noticed then when doing a tracert during the server not responding time I'm not getting a response from my second last hop "cryptic-3.border11.bsn.pnap.net" I cant even access the sto website or forums during the disconnects. I have no idea if thats cryptics own server, their isps or a coincidental name.

For now I have switched to using the EU proxy in the launcher to see if that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
My second to last entry on the TraceRT doesn't give an error, but it doesn't read the same as the rest of them:

14 101 ms 104 ms 107 ms xx.xxx.xx.xxx (IP address deleted by me).

The rest of the stops have an address before the IP address.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Try going to video options and hit reset.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Try turning off the proxy. I was haveing the same issue with EU-proxy and the turning off helped me.