Lt. Commander
# 11
12-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenn View Post
Has anyone tested? Is the droprate for Red Boxes still 1%?
The devs said they were not going to change the drop rates for the winter event. They said it would be unfair to folks who spent cash trying to score a bug ship. On the bright side you have a few extra days to try and get one. And it does seem that some people have gotten them for free doing the race.

There is also always a chance there will be an xmas Cstore sale and the red boxes go on sale.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-20-2011, 02:03 PM
i look forward to giving the ground revamp a whirl. not over the moon about the forced split of points but ill see how it goes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Energy Lirpas and Batleths are available on the Winter Wonderland map,. they are purchasable (for 0) from the "Green Ferengi" (Special Weapons Dealer) south of spawn (south of the tailor). Either faction can buy either, or both weapons, allowing Klingons to get Lirpas and Feds to get Batleths. You're limited to one of each (2 weapons) per character.

Additionally, while the Winter Race event is level gated, any character, of any rank, can go collect their Lirpa/Batleth.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
The devs said they were not going to change the drop rates for the winter event. They said it would be unfair to folks who spent cash trying to score a bug ship. On the bright side you have a few extra days to try and get one. And it does seem that some people have gotten them for free doing the race.

There is also always a chance there will be an xmas Cstore sale and the red boxes go on sale.
Yes, approximately 1% of the participants who did the race got a Red one.
(I have to repeat my personal score of 54 green Boxes, 8 blue and ONE Red box)
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks for the surprise gifts Cryptic, I think they're pretty awesome!

I am mostly looking forward to testing the ground skill tree revamp, and have already provided the best feedback I can on what was posted by CaptainGeko in his thread "Upcoming Ground Skll Changes"(View), but I'm sure they'll be plenty more feedback to come once players have their hands on it.

Hope you all enjoy your time off, and look forward to hearing from you in 2012!

To your wallets... Qapla'

To the players... LLAP, oh and be Merry!