Lt. Commander
# 21
12-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
The only criticism which was levelled at the winter event was the 'confusion' surrounding the race official and spamming the F key to trigger it.
Is THAT the trick? I was lining up the arrow and clicking madly on the "notify Official" and others were flagging him down left and right.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
Is THAT the trick? I was lining up the arrow and clicking madly on the "notify Official" and others were flagging him down left and right.
Just change to the instance with the least people in it
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ah I see. Anyway I find the lack of acknowledgement of the community reaction to the grab bag to be disturbing. I was under the impression that part of the purpose of the show was to discuss community concerns, not ignore them. I'm someone who doesnt care about it, but I still acknowledge the fact that many do and can understand why.
Given Chris's comments concerning Cryptic criticsm in the past (Holy mother of god, that was a lot of C words...) I suspect that given it was Jeremy he was speaking to, the idea of raising the "grab bag" fiasco would have been flogging a dead horse. The J-Man is probably intimately aware of the controversy of the decision, and it wouldn't have served much purpose internally to raise it again.

...And Chris has stated in the past that STOked does not exist to bash the game it effectively serves as a fan mouthpiece for. To play devil's advocate on the point, this episode also didn't have a "Community Feedback" segment, which would strike me as the appropriate place to raise such concerns.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Given Chris's comments concerning Cryptic criticsm in the past (Holy mother of god, that was a lot of C words...) I suspect that given it was Jeremy he was speaking to, the idea of raising the "grab bag" fiasco would have been flogging a dead horse. I suspect the J-Man is intimately aware of the controversy of the decision, and it wouldn't have served much purpose internally to raise it again.

...And Chris has stated in the past that STOked does not exist to bash the game it effectively serves as a fan mouthpiece for. To play devil's advocate on the point, this episode also didn't have a "Community Feedback" segment, which would strike me as the appropriate place to raise such concerns.
I didnt actually mean discussing it with Jeremy, and there is a difference between bashing Cryptic and simply reporting on the community reaction. But yes I agree, the community feedback segment is where it should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I didnt actually mean discussing it with Jeremy, and there is a difference between bashing Cryptic and simply reporting on the community reaction. But yes I agree, the community feedback segment is where it should have been.
Well, indeed on both points... But one only needs a cursory examination of the forums to realise how people around here inevitably interpret "reporting on a community reaction."

For a very large number of people, even reporting on negative feedback is going to come across as "bashing" the game, which Chris has gone on record to say he's trying to avoid.

...For what it's worth however, I'm a big proponent of all the major podcasts to remain 'neutral' in their handling of Cryptic's developments. I was quite ropable when Priorty One described themselves as "Cryptic Apologists", as ultimately, they are not only a mouthpiece for the game to the greater community, but also our most influential line of communication to Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Good episode, nice to see things getting worked on internally. Happy holidays chris & jeremy