Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
There have been a couple minor issues in this game that I find particularlly annoying. They are not game-breaking, most are cosmetic. There are work-arounds on most of them. These are just my little pet peeves that get to me (nearly) every time I play, and getting them fixed would improve the "Creature Comfort" levels of the game.
Character Zoom-In
Wheneven I change instances I hate having to constantly zoom-out. This new "feature" added to the game a while back (S2 or S3?) and appears to be a fundamental problem with the game engine as it's in Champions too. I would be so happy if they'd finally fix this.

Strange Facings after Sector Warps
After jumping between some Sector Blocks, my ship takes on an inconsistant bearing. For example, when I am traveling "East" from Sirius to Regulus (or Regulus to Pi Canis), after the jump, my ship is facing North. Worse is when flying "South" from Alpha Centauri to Regulus, jump, and then I'm facing the same direction I came from. There are several like that. It's bad enough the jumps are there in the first place, but to lose speed and direction because of it, is silly. This has become even more a burden with the addition of the Tour the Galaxy Race.

Mislabeled Sector Block Walls
There are still Sector Block Walls with the wrong names. For example when leaving Beta Ursae and Alpha Centauri, heading towards Sirius it says "klingon" on the wall.

Jupiter Veteran Belt Loops
The "plain" Jupiter Belt has belt loops with colors that can be adjusted by the user. The Jupiter Veteran Belt (the one with the Starfleet "Planet" symbol) has belt loops that are color-locked as a sort of grey color. I really wish I could select my own colors on those belt loops so they match the jacket top.

Beam Away Hair
When beaming, my head/facial hair (particularlly my eyebrows) are leaving before the rest of me does. It's disturbing. I seem to recall this was fixed at one point and has recently reared it's ugly head again.

Bridge Officers Don't Use Hortas
I purchased the C-Store Horta Attach Pets, but can't always carry them on my Captain. I put them on my BOs, but I have never seen a BO use them. Ever. Twenty Captains, dozens of BOs tried in hundreds and hundres of land engagements, and not once did any of my BOs summon their assigned attack pet. Not at all.

Space Pets Can't Keep Up
They recently fixed it so having a fleet of shuttles/slugs don't bunch-up trying to share the same physical point in space, which is great, but once we get to the flying, my pets can never keep up. This is most noticeable in sector space, especially if using a Borg Engine or when engaging Quantum Slip Stream.
(I may add a couple others as I encounter/think of them.)

I would like to hear from you on your in-game Pet Peeves. I can take suggestions and add them to the main post. I just ask that we please keep this constructive and on-topic. I'm certain many of these issues are Known and/or have been reported many times, but this thread is not about insulting or berating Cryptic on how long issues have been around.

It's a new Season and one that's on the precipice of the F2P Changeover. I'm hoping that will encourage Cryptic to use some spit'n'polish, elbow grease, and a little Wax On/Wax Off to get these resolved.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
(Reserved for future additions.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
I must have missed this. All of this should be added to some sort of list of feedback.
*hint hint*

On the subject of pets, it would be super cool if I could call down my army of ground non combat pets that I've been collecting at the same time just as I can with my space pets.

Lets hope at least one or two of these issues finally get some love. Cryptic is on vacation all next week so maybe after the holidays just before F2P launch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
I must have missed this. All of this should be added to some sort of list of feedback. ...Lets hope at least one or two of these issues finally get some love. Cryptic is on vacation all next week so maybe after the holidays just before F2P launch.
That would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
...On the subject of pets, it would be super cool if I could call down my army of ground non combat pets that I've been collecting at the same time just as I can with my space pets...
I would like this too. I've got several pets now and it would be nice to summon more than one.

That said, I assume the reason we can't has to do with system resources. I believe ground environments require more game resources (both on Cryptic's side as well as the player's client-side). A zone can get pretty choppy when there are multiple players. I imagine it would "crash" if each of them had a handful of additional toons, in the form of pets, following them around.

Space, for whatever reason, doesn't have the same restrictions...