Lt. Commander
# 41
12-20-2011, 08:02 AM
If anyone has friends that plan on playing during the F2P in Jan you might want to tell them to pick this up.

Not only will they get a head start of the game but they'll get the two free Cstore ships Cryptic is giving away right now on holodeck.

They'll also score any Winter prizes they happen to win. So even a new player would benefit from picking this up as well.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Both should stack if they come from different retailers.
Thanks for clarifying. I do think this offer could be worth exploring further

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
If anyone has friends that plan on playing during the F2P in Jan you might want to tell them to pick this up.

Not only will they get a head start of the game but they'll get the two free Cstore ships Cryptic is giving away right now on holodeck.

They'll also score any Winter prizes they happen to win. So even a new player would benefit from picking this up as well.
Not to mention any free ships they may get from levelling during the first 30 days.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-20-2011, 10:07 AM
TOS Uniform pack: 280cp
NX Registry: 80cp
Joined Trill: 240cp

Total: 600cp ($7.50)

Discounted price of DDE on steam: $7.49

Then you get the Khan and Bloodwine emotes, the automated defense turret (which is pretty cool against Romulan plasma torpedoes, and those Orion power leeching ships), and the phaser turret satellite, and any unadvertised Cpoints on top of that, "for free".

It's not a bad deal... but I already own most of that stuff thanks to the DDE from Direct2Drive. The only package I'd still be interested in, is the Collector's Edition.. and really that'd only be for the artbook and the pin.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I do think this offer could be worth exploring further
Not to mention any free ships they may get from levelling during the first 30 days.
Good points I'd completely forgot about the free Connie/Raptor, and the Winter event.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
The only package I'd still be interested in, is the Collector's Edition.. and really that'd only be for the artbook and the pin.
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Onli...4428132&sr=8-1

Only 3$, people. Get it while it's hot.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-21-2011, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Good points I'd completely forgot about the free Connie/Raptor, and the Winter event.
Actually, if anyone has a pal that wants to play STO have them first get a key from alienware promo. They get the NX ship and costume. Then have them add the Steam key to their account.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...iption-bundle/
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
If there are 500 C-Store points included as well, that is a hell of a deal.
Not only for monthlys, but just Europeans as well.
Steam doesnt charge you that ridiculous tax that Cryptic does.
I just bought it and received 500C store points. But I did not get or have yet to find any Light Phaser Satellite Turret.

EDIT: After STO installed via Steam I had to right click get CD key and add that to my account.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Do I have to redownload the entire game again before I can get the CD Key?
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
I just bought it and received 500C store points. But I did not get or have yet to find any Light Phaser Satellite Turret.

EDIT: After STO installed via Steam I had to right click get CD key and add that to my account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Do I have to redownload the entire game again before I can get the CD Key?
No, you do not have to reinstall the game via Steam if you don't want to.

Go to the STO page in the Library section of your Steam client. Down the right hand side there'll be a link label "CD Key", there should be two CD Keys in there, one for STO DDE, one for the phaser turret.