Lt. Commander
# 1 Boff mission rooms?
12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Just an idea that came to me while wondering around my ship of clones. we used to be able to get our mission replays through our ready room, which i felt put some immersion into the game. now that its been taken out it leaves nothing to do anymore on the ship. why not return that, while keeping the ability to get the replays from your journal?

Secondly, why not add some more rooms on the ship for your boff assignments? for instance, you could go to sickbay to send your medical boffs on their missons of mercy, or atrometrics for your science, or the war room for tactical? sure, keep the currant system for sending them out on their forays, but add these in too, to give the ship more immersion.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I think some of the things you've mentioned have been pitched and commented on by the staff. They've said they've always wanted to do more with the interior of the ships, but Cryptic has had an ever-growing pile of things they have to do since day 1.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes sadly the list of things they want to do more of is growing faster than the list of things they have/are doing more of.

At any rate, I don't think assigning DOff missions from the interior is the best route to go. This is something I had wanted before there was even talk of DOffs. I wanted to see mini-games in locations on the ship that could provide temporary bonuses (much like the shipboard assignments do now).

The way the DOff system has evolved to change available assignments based on location and the way STO measures your location would make this too time consuming. You would have to zone in to a new sector, then zone back on to your bridge, then zone to the main floor plan and walk to sickbay. As it is, it can take me over an hour just to get through the sectors that I want to go to. This would add a lot of time.

Maybe for the shipboard only assignments it could be done this way. I could see a success bonus for starting the assignment in the proper location. So in the end, I guess I both agree and disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivyn13
Just an idea that came to me while wondering around my ship of clones. we used to be able to get our mission replays through our ready room, which i felt put some immersion into the game. now that its been taken out it leaves nothing to do anymore on the ship. why not return that, while keeping the ability to get the replays from your journal?

Secondly, why not add some more rooms on the ship for your boff assignments? for instance, you could go to sickbay to send your medical boffs on their missons of mercy, or atrometrics for your science, or the war room for tactical? sure, keep the currant system for sending them out on their forays, but add these in too, to give the ship more immersion.
Your ideas ROCK! I hope that they take a look at this. I could stay on my ship all day if I could find stuff to do there