Lt. Commander
# 351
12-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma_xs View Post
I agree. I was quite shocked at how much they stand out when I first saw them. I'd prefer to see something similar to this:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6622/stosignage.jpg

IMO they still stand out but 'fit in' more at the same time. That said, I still don't like 'most' of the icons but I have to agree that the Transporter one is top notch.

That looks so much nicer than the current signs. Please take note cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 352
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
That looks so much nicer than the current signs. Please take note cryptic.
I have to agree these looks amazing and more neat. I hope they use this in game.
Lt. Commander
# 353
12-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
No he was in the chat room when STOked was live yesterday, he very much get's that the cartoon look is the issue that I've found most players do not like.

Unfortunately, Cryptic have decided that it's apparently the only way to go about making the signs the most visible allowing for the best way to communicate where certain locations and NPCs are without increasing the graphical demand on players computers.

He basically said that the cartoon look is especially intended because when players are at a distance from the icons, they still remain visibly distinctive.

I can't quote him, no screenshots of the chat but that's basically what was said from what I recall. It's all about making the game more user friendly ready for the F2P silver players who if they can't find there way around will just log out and uninstall the game. That's what Cryptic is trying to prevent by adding these icons, and I can understand the idea behind them but there must be an alternative visual method available.
I've been with STO since the first week of launch, and to be totally honest about htis, I find it most difficult to see these new signs on ESD. I can clearly make out what they are in the old ESD signs. It's really the case of "If it's not broken, MAKE IT SO!" deal here. I litterally have to go in "la la" mode when am at ESD and ignore any aesthetic values I once enjoyed at ESD, and unfortunately like all of us veterans - just have to deal with it in pain.