Lt. Commander
# 1 Stuck at start of game
12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I've just re-activated my subscription after a long break and can't get into the game, either from an existing character or with a new one. With existing characters, when I log in I just get a frozen screen and, with a new character, I just end up in an empty room with no doors or windows - no way to get out. I can't use /stuck, I can't contact a GM, I can't cancel the mission because the mission doesn't show up. I can't do anything except run around this empty room. I submitted a ticket but got no reply so far. I can't find anything similar on the forums.

Here's a screenshot:

http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/t...3-08-36-23.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_t
Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
I remember this room... With Season 5, going through the 'Tutorial' is now optional if you already have a character that has finished it. There is a invisible popup (which becomes visible if you mouse over it) that asks if you want to go through the 'Tutorial' or skip it and start from Starfleet Academy...

So mouse around and see if you can trigger the appearnce of that menu selection...

(You also might want to try that 'Verify' option in the Launcher options menu. If you haven't played in a while, you may have a corrupted file or two...)
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Grouchy.Otaku, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and, just in case I haven't said it enough - THANK YOU

I couldn't find the invisible pop up anywhere but, checked the verify option in the launcher and now I'm in the game and everything seems to be running smoothly.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks again.