Lt. Commander
as soon as i log in and choose a toon it crashes my internet ???

any help would be awsome

thx in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Need way more details. Do you mean the game freezes and you are not able to open a browser? Does it lock up your system completely? What are your system specs? What type of internet connection are you using?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedumas0 View Post
as soon as i log in and choose a toon it crashes my internet ???

any help would be awsome

thx in advance

Heres my system: Windows 7 Ultimate & SP1 ----- 64 bit

MotherBoard: NForce 680i LT SLI -- x64-based PC
Intel Core 2Duo CPU E6850 @ 3000 Mhz

DDR2 Memory: 4 Gig @ 1333Mhz

NVIDEA GeForce GTX 260 Graphics - 896.00 MB

Charter internet: 12 Mbps - Hardwired through Netgear Cable Modem

1.5 Terabytes of Hard Drive Space on 2 Drives.

What happens is this: I log in, Game loads to Character screen, everthing is fine...
Then as soon as I double-click or load character, the game loads up and i'm in for a few seconds...
Bam!!! Server not responding!!! game goes back to log-in screen, Modem resets all the way as if it had been unplugged, (Charter Modem). No other program or game does this. System is totaly stable.
I run Norton 360, and run scans on a constant basis, (including registry).
Please help!! I used to be able to run it, but not since i upgraded my system to 64 bit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-27-2011, 02:00 PM
The same thing is happening to me as well. Whenever I log into STO every computer in my house drops an internet connection until I get the SERVER NOT RESPONDING error message and close the application.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2011, 04:29 PM
For more than two weeks, I was having Server Connect Failures with Log-In Server, Account Server, and Game Server, either one at a time, or one after the other.

I finally tracked it to Firewall, or AV Permission Problems. I switched from my Cable Provider FW to Windows FW, and it works great.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok, after some advise, I turned off my STAR TREK Voice option, and that seems to do it. No more connection problems. If this is happening to you, just go into Options in the game, and into voice chat and make sure it's off.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2011, 08:22 PM

Do you know how to check your modem's upstream/downstream signal to noise ratio and power level? If you do, check those to make sure they're in range. If you don't know how to check these, call your ISP's support line and ask them to check. Tell them that you're getting a modem reboot when logging in to your mmo. Make sure you're talking with internet support, video support sometimes forwards your call, but usually blames something outside their responsibilities and ends the call.

Here are desireable levels:

Upstream
--SNR = not detectible by end user.
--Power = +8 to +58 dBmV

Downstream
--SNR = +30 to +50 dB (can go as high as +56 dB and stay connected but unstable above 50)
--Power = -15 to +15 dBmV

It is possible to get modem reboots during high activity periods when your levels are out of range. I used to work for a midwestern ISP in the HSI dept.