Lt. Commander
# 21
12-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
I managed to beat him wit ha premade that brought a medic. But that can't be the the one and only answer.
The guy should be beatable with any combination of classes really without cheating and exploiting like placing turets from outside the forcefield.
Yeha I agree.
It could be doable if imunoprobe hypo things weren't bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Armek will trigger his AOE if more that one entity is close to him as in the area inside the cover shield range and by entity i mean like engi turrets, hortas and more than one player. He will 1-3 shot players if no one is inside that range. OB is set in a specific targeting pattern. While it firing patter is a set or random set im to busy to notice.

Mind you i have yet to do the hard mode of cure ground, i simply refuse till i have full sets of faction STF and Omega ground sets. Omega really helps when you run a sci medic with the cloaking field to help loose long range agro and res a team mate(not perfect and the gun is a decent PDW with expose). Faction sets help with Sheilds/Health which do not conflict eith the CD of the same ground device. What also helps is if any Engi in the group has the kit with combat supplies just for emergency suplies in case the teams round out, wants to conserve, or in case some one didn't bring any and no one has enough to share.

Stupid hot shot noobs who hardly have experiance of this fight who got lucky in a previous run where every one cqc him and succeded will jump into the medic tanking like a moron and cuase him to close range AOE so specifily watch for that. So scream at the medic tank to run if that happens please. Also try to set a contingancy plan for if the medic tank dies/assim. An orian/vulcan with suduce/mind meld will help with assim tanks with hitting armec who will usually target the assim player chasing them away from the corpse point somtimes.

The classic STF boss trick is praying to whatever religin/deity/being/idol/ingeneral that someone brought a TR116 helps just a tiny little bit but the proc secces is a llot less than the XII set piece drop rate before it was bumped up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieshdor View Post
Armek will trigger his AOE if more that one entity is close to him as in the area inside the cover shield range and by entity i mean like engi turrets, hortas and more than one player. He will 1-3 shot players if no one is inside that range. OB is set in a specific targeting pattern. While it firing patter is a set or random set im to busy to notice.

Mind you i have yet to do the hard mode of cure ground, i simply refuse till i have full sets of faction STF and Omega ground sets. Omega really helps when you run a sci medic with the cloaking field to help loose long range agro and res a team mate(not perfect and the gun is a decent PDW with expose). Faction sets help with Sheilds/Health which do not conflict eith the CD of the same ground device. What also helps is if any Engi in the group has the kit with combat supplies just for emergency suplies in case the teams round out, wants to conserve, or in case some one didn't bring any and no one has enough to share.

Stupid hot shot noobs who hardly have experiance of this fight who got lucky in a previous run where every one cqc him and succeded will jump into the medic tanking like a moron and cuase him to close range AOE so specifily watch for that. So scream at the medic tank to run if that happens please. Also try to set a contingancy plan for if the medic tank dies/assim. An orian/vulcan with suduce/mind meld will help with assim tanks with hitting armec who will usually target the assim player chasing them away from the corpse point somtimes.

The classic STF boss trick is praying to whatever religin/deity/being/idol/ingeneral that someone brought a TR116 helps just a tiny little bit but the proc secces is a llot less than the XII set piece drop rate before it was bumped up.
Not just noobs, but epic players in their own minds who love to do that..rofl.. Don't worry about doing Cure Elite without the MACO/Omega sets. We did it just fine, repeatedly, using the old emblem gear and got the optional without bypassing all the mobs physically possible and only hitting only the turrets/workers. The sets are nice, but definitely not a "must have" for this one.

Would also add on the conservative side.. no plasma grenades, it can cause him to start wandering around and after he moves he normally targets turrets/mortars/shield and medical gens and then his aoe chain goes thru all the toys and the tank has to chase after him and it can get ugly fast. If you have to play with toys, toss smoke/photon grenades.

They need that klinks voice when you enter the public que for this... "I hope pain is something you enjoy"
Altho, if you are a medic this is great way to keep up your skills cause pugs are tougher than the mobs
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Hey I don't know if this still works but in the old system, we got him to walk out side to the main area where we had already cleared and their was almost nothing. We setup Mortars and turrets on the hills. Had our medic melee him, but our medic was less of a medic than we thought. We had to do it the hard way. Just Plain DPS..

Every one spread out as far from one another as possible and still be able to shoot him.

If i'm not mistaken don't grenades do Friendly fire now, like torpedoes?
Smoke grenades sometimes back fire, you'll lose your target, so if this happens switch to FPS mode.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-23-2011, 08:56 AM
I suspected as much about the MACO armor @ Droidarr
very usefull information, thank you.

Yea I see others who try medic and don't have any points into the skills for the healing and buffing. It doesnt end well.

Oh and yes you really need to assign the duty officers active ground roster.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurga
Hey I don't know if this still works but in the old system, we got him to walk out side to the main area where we had already cleared and their was almost nothing. We setup Mortars and turrets on the hills. Had our medic melee him, but our medic was less of a medic than we thought. We had to do it the hard way. Just Plain DPS..

Every one spread out as far from one another as possible and still be able to shoot him.

If i'm not mistaken don't grenades do Friendly fire now, like torpedoes?
Smoke grenades sometimes back fire, you'll lose your target, so if this happens switch to FPS mode.
No, this doesn't work. It would be helpful if you actually played the new mission before making suggestions since the mission is so different now. There is a force field now that surrounds the area. You can't go anywhere once you engage him (unless you die and respawn. But then you are stuck outside and SOL. Like in Infected).
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-23-2011, 09:42 AM
the armors are not must heve but more of a it helps sort of thing going for them i just rather have them myself and was pointing out benifets
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogon View Post
I dont know how to def well, i havefound his shots go thru covershields. i have found though that in shooter modeone may be able to shoot his head over the cover shields.
I recently played Cure with my fleet, and I was the last guy left alive. I'm an engineer. I went to the lower left corner inside the force field and that was > 30m from Armek. I put up a cover shield and did the classic sniper technique (the thing we always did with Rebecca). I had a healing generator behind the cover shield.

I think Armek will target the cover shield if it's within range, but I haven't seen him shoot through it.

With sniper + Orbital Strike, I was able to finish him off. That lower left corner seems to be the best spot to take him out.

I would worry that putting down turrets, drones, & security team would trigger his chain lightning. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly suggest you don't put those down while fighting Armek.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrington_de_Coffey
Take a team of five engies and get 4 to just spam the loving hell outta turrets whilst stood pressed up (OUTSIDE) against the shield wall, whilst the fifth stands at the far end (INSIDE) and hopes Armek doesn't one shot him

This works with one engie too, can tale a while to wear him down and runs a greater risk of the person inside being offed but it's how we all - whilst laughing our asses off - beat him last night on Elite.
An interesting tactic...I noticed once when I messed up and wasn't far enough to be inside when the shield wall comes down, I kept dropping mortars as I was pressed half into the shield and they were firing at him and doing damage.
I was like...Hmm, if we could have a bunch of those and keep one guy in there long enough...
But never got to test it, tho.
Are there any spots in that area where he doesn't have LOS on you?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
The problems with the Armek boss fight are many. Boss npc's are op. They pretty much have to be, in order to be a boss. The key to a boss fight is a to allow the player some "out" where by skill, timing creativity, etc, they can avoid or neutralize much of the bosses op'edness.

Classic example is is the original Punch-Out for the NES. Most of the later stages, you could get knocked out in 1-3 punches, but they always had a tell, and if you knew what it was you could always avoid their super-punch.

Now let's consider the stf's as they used to be. I'm lumping infected and cure together, because both rebecca and armek have similar chaining attacks.

In infected, there was a constrained space full of hazards, namely plasma and respawning pets. The alcoves provided cover so that there was no LOS to teammates forcing you to be self reliant, but it generally worked because her aggro would shift regularly.

The alcoves were taken out but there are still things you can use for cover.

For armek, good cover was harder to come by but having loads of room, you could break LOS with distance alone.

The cover shields were annoying, but you had room to strafe back and forth until you got a clear shot.

It was also possible to pull him to the left, into the water, where someone could climb up the mushroom and fire down at armek, while remaining out of chain range of the melee medic.

While I agree it was far to easy to tank him and take him down as a melee medic, the armek fight has swung much too far in the opposite direction. IMO certain elements need to be removed. Either the constrained forcefield room or armek's cover shields need to go.

Afaik, presently, while being melee'd, armek still does not use the chain attack, but that opens you up to being assimilated. Again, one or the other needs to go.

Personally, I think armek needs to be cut away from rebecca's mold, and made into something unique.

My proposal:

Give armek the ability to resist heavily either melee, or energy weapon damage, but not both at the same time. Make his aggro also shift focus between those doing melee dmg and those doing ranged dmg. This way, armek is not a copy of rebecca or a rebecca 2.0 but his own boss encounter.