Lt. Commander
So I want to create a super bad *** Fed Tac that is pretty much 100% Melee, any suggestions?

What kit would you use and how would you spec your skills? for both ground and space. still heavy on ground combat

thx for any and all advice ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2011, 01:36 AM
bump god damit
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Most people that want to melee use a Science Character.
A Tactical would get slapped through his shields with no way to heal.
Lt. Commander
# 4 as far as pvp goes
12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
i haven't seen much melee being done in ground pvp matches. usually a person gets popped b4 they get the chance to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Yep. Ever heard the expression "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight"? It's still true in the 25th century, but if you really want to, use the Physical Augmentation armour, and choose 'sturdy' and 'sure-footed' as traits. They might help.

Edit: In fact no, go with Energy Dampening Armour, since you'll be getting shot from all sides all the way to your opponent.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
In my personal ground PvP experience (and I'm ex-Army, so I like to mix it up on the ground), you are only likely to get close enough to your opponent to go hand-to-hand under the following circumstances

1) Opponent iz teh N00B and does not know any better.

2) Opponent is not paying attention to his/her surroundings. Variation of #1 above.

3) Opponent is AFK for bio break.

I did have one *really memorable* HTH battle with another Caitian (we were both tacs) and I don't even remember who won. But it was FUN. However, those sorts of ground HTH battles are few and far between. If you go into PvP looking for melee, prepare to respawn lots of times.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
3) Opponent is AFK for bio break.
lol When you were in Vietnam did you ever come across any AFK Vietnamese?

I've had a little bit of ground PvP experience, and it only came down to H2H one time that I can recall, and I punched the guy until he vaporised on a buggy crit lol (but then I died cos his mates showed up)
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
lol When you were in Vietnam did you ever come across any AFK Vietnamese?
Lol, I'm not quite that old. I was still wearing short pants during 'Nam.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Hmmm....

-Physical Augmentation Armor, preferably build to take kinetic damage
-Regx3 personal shields
-A pulsewave rifle and a Tsunkatsi falchion (blue grade, no purples available, besides falchions/teglodars are faster than bat'leths/lirpas)
-Close Combat Kit Mk X

There you go. You'll still die in normal combat though, but this is a decent kit if you're going one on one hand to hand against someone.

In PvP, I'd recommend getting yourself some Energy Dampening or Pollyalloy Weave Armor and Personal shields with lots of Cap instead. That will give you lots of protection against energy weapons. The Close Combat kit isn't so bad. Lunge is great for knocking people on their feet, and the motion accelerator can prevent you from getting rooted.

Close combat can suppliment you, but it should never be your main focus.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-23-2011, 09:50 PM
You might want to wait and save yourself the cost of a respec in a couple of weeks when the 75/25 space and ground forced skill split is said to be going live.