Lt. Commander
# 21
12-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon_Kent
This is a GOOD thing for pvp!
Now people who are more casual and spent points on ground and space before can play PVP and not get walked all over without having to have a space dedicated toon.
More people playing PVP is good! Don't whine because you won't be up against people who did not space spec only and you could walk all over them.

This makes pvp much more casual friendly and evens the field quite nicely!
No, it's just one less excuse for causal players when they get roflstomped in the arenas again and again.

PvP is decided by (in that order)
Teamwork
Individual skill
Choice of ship / BO skills
Skillpoint allocation
Gear
Character traits

One might argue about the importance of certain gear, of course, but that's not the point.

Some guys calculated the effective loss in space skill points is about 8%. It won't have any real influence in anyone's PvP performance.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Forced Skill splits are wrong plain and simple I don't pvp or do ground ever, I don't like ground and until recently i only had white items for ground. I play this game for space combat and space-Themed activities (Such as DSE's, STF's, Exploration, ETC.) I agree with the OP if the current tribble build goes live I will stop playing this game immediately, Most likely never to return. The correct way to implement this if they won't change the split is to increase the level cap Maybe Fleet admiral at lvl60? in order to compensate for the space skill point loss. Either way Cryptic shows us They still aren't done putting nails in STO's coffin.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-23-2011, 11:32 PM
About time they did this. The old system was stupid, you had to either spec into ground or space, or be mediocre at both.
They should raise the skillcap by those 8%, so nobody can complain about that little loss in effectiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
About time they did this. The old system was stupid, you had to either spec into ground or space, or be mediocre at both.
You know that nothing changes in regards to that right? They force you in mediocrity...
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-26-2011, 03:11 PM
kind of reminds me why I hate cryptic in the first place..enhancement diversity in City of Heros...they pulled the same thing over there than here..I thought they would have learned their lesson by now..but some devs never learn....
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
You know that nothing changes in regards to that right? They force you in mediocrity...
He is driving with both eyes closed... most people are.
Choice drives people forward, lack of choice drives them backwards. Or to rebel
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
And yet, my tactical, for instance, is much more effective after this change than based on the current Holodeck build.

I guess people KEEP ON MISSING that they adjusted point values - both in total SP earned and for the skills themselves, but instead just focus solely on the fact that points must be spent in both ground and space now.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
No, it's just one less excuse for causal players when they get roflstomped in the arenas again and again.

PvP is decided by (in that order)
Teamwork
Individual skill
Choice of ship / BO skills
Skillpoint allocation
Gear
Character traits
+1 .. This is just a step to try to pacify the whiners who can't accept the consequences for their own decisions. Everyone these days thinks that they are entitlted to be awesome. If they aren't, well, it must be the game's fault, right?

I wonder what the next excuse will be when this "balance" idea doesn't work?
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Not fair to call people names for wanting to invest points into ground without sacrificing their space gameplay. Cryptic should've had seperate skill trees back during Beta.

But when it comes to this new skill split, I don't like them pulling points we once had in Space in order to make room for Ground. With the new revamp, I don't have enough points to even invest in a few points into Tier 5, and it's the same build I've been running on Holo.

Second thing I don't like is how the new Ground system is arranged where there is no encouragement of diversity. And I find it stupid players investing into Shields and Armor when you know players are going to do that. The investment itself is weak since it only boosts like 50 hps at best. So why even have a skill system if the returns are so minor?
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-28-2011, 08:53 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q