Lt. Commander
# 1 Speed Boost vs. Torpedoes
12-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Noticed that if you perform any speed boost and fire torpedoes during the increased speed you will initially out pace them for a few seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2011, 12:28 PM
It happens...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2011, 01:58 PM
I personally kind of like the effect, even if it does look ridiculous. If you time it right, you can take out a target at high speed and come flying out of the explosion like a badass.

Just don't try doing it with those assimilated Negh'vars in the Cure. The awesomeness is completely nullified if you fly into the explosion and die before you make it out the other side.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I personally kind of like the effect, even if it does look ridiculous. If you time it right, you can take out a target at high speed and come flying out of the explosion like a badass.
I make little bomber noises when I do this in combat.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2011, 01:25 AM
One of my favorite attacks is to use Tractor Beam Repulsors to push an enemy ship while using evasive maneuvers and an engine battery. If you line it up right, the enemy ship will stay in front of you while your TBR does damage, your front weapons do damage, and then all the torpedoes you shot off while you were pushing the target will catch up after you stop. If the ship survives, you did something wrong.