Lt. Commander
# 11
12-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Since the OP feels so strongly about F2P, I wonder how he is going to feel when SWTOR goes F2P. :p

I mean really, when the majority of MMO's and even giants such as WoW are going Free 2 Play its pretty much inevitable.
Hybrid F2P/Subscription models are the future of MMO gaming.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
And Pi****g off the customers is how games die.
Excuse me while i go play Star Wars Galaxies..........oh wait
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-24-2011, 04:32 PM
1:
why not use the official feedback thread that is actually monitored by them?
-> http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=245623

2:
@ OP

i feel really sorry for you ...now you are forced to play by the same rules as all the others... no more OP pure Space build for you.
(you highlight EXACTLY the reason why they did it, yet you don't even realize it)

3:
if your thread gets closed (you are basically begging for it) it is not because of your feedback but because it is basically an i quit thread in the end when you tell us that you go play TOR instead.

(i was in the TOR beta and i can tell you, i will gladly stick with STO, TOR is just as bugged and the graphics look like a 10 year old game AND it still produces a bad framerate)

4:
"Lifetimers get nothing" ?
yeah only... a 400 point stipend every month and a Gold account for life
please make a SILVER account when F2P launches and look for yourself how limiting that version of the game will be, then you may turn around and be happy that you got the gold for life deal.

Also you will not find a single F2P game that does not live by its own version of the C-Store anywhere out there.

5:
PvP Queues are empty now because PvP was always crap,
the pay to win consoles made it worse,
and now there are even more other things to do in game.

Don't get me wrong, i am the first one that will jump up in joy if there is a proper PvP update introduced with new maps and modes... or heck even the Open PvP Sector they kept teasing to us for the last 2 years....
but right now ...i will not wait for it... and if it doesn't happen i will still have my fun with the other things in game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
1:
why not use the official feedback thread that is actually monitored by them?
-> http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=245623

2:
@ OP

i feel really sorry for you ...now you are forced to play by the same rules as all the others... no more OP pure Space build for you.
Lol. You win this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-24-2011, 04:59 PM
It's still your right to not spend any skill points on the ground. The way leveling works now, you'll still go up.

Really, the only thing they took away is your ability to boost your space skills at ground skills' expense. Now, if you forego ground skills, you're just hurting yourself, not improving your space game. But it's still an option if you really hate ground and want to go that way
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
And Pi****g off the customers is how games die.
Excuse me while i go play Star Wars Galaxies..........oh wait
You do realise that it was not ticking off the customers that killed Galaxies right?
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
You do realise that it was not ticking off the customers that killed Galaxies right?
Tell that to a die-hard player that quit in disgust when the NGE rolled out...
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
And I'm sure in the true nature of the forums here at STO because I've said I'll be buying ***** people will be saying bye, get lost, can I have your stuff etc etc...

True gobby forum junkies like they are...
I'm sure you'll love that other game. Especially the alien races you get to play that consist of

Red skinned Human
Green skinned Human
Blue skinned Human
Albino skinned Human
Cyborg Face Human
Blind Human
Humans with horns
Regular Human
and Twi'lek

At least here we can make aliens that actually look like aliens.

Oh and when you get to that other game please restrict yourself to one of the PvP servers so I won't have to listen to your whining about what you don't like about that game.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
2:
@ OP

(you highlight EXACTLY the reason why they did it, yet you don't even realize it)
Nail on teh head with that one.

Right now I can only see three reasons why people are up in arms about this change.
To my mind everyone falls into one or more of these categories;

*They are afraid of change. This one is understandable given Cryptic's past track record, but the fact remains that this is a needed change.

*They are so angry at Cryptic that they hate anything they do. Again this one is supremely forgivable given Cryptic's recent penchant for bad moves on an inconceivable scale.

*They are afraid of no longer being able to min/max and OP their ROFLboat.

NEWSFLASH; this just in, some of us would like to be able to play both ground and space PvP.
It cracks me up how everyone yelling "Y U NO LET MI PLAY WAY I WANT?!" is campaigning to keep a broken system that prevents just as many others from playing the way *they* want.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Nail on teh head with that one.

Right now I can only see three reasons why people are up in arms about this change.
To my mind everyone falls into one or more of these categories;

*They are afraid of change. This one is understandable given Cryptic's past track record, but the fact remains that this is a needed change.

*They are so angry at Cryptic that they hate anything they do. Again this one is supremely forgivable given Cryptic's recent penchant for bad moves on an inconceivable scale.

*They are afraid of no longer being able to min/max and OP their ROFLboat.

NEWSFLASH; this just in, some of us would like to be able to play both ground and space PvP.
It cracks me up how everyone yelling "Y U NO LET MI PLAY WAY I WANT?!" is campaigning to keep a broken system that prevents just as many others from playing the way *they* want.
Sorry, but your entire post is utter nonsense.

The question I have for you, and everyone who makes nonsense statements like those, is how much testing of the ground skill revamp have you done; comparing your tribble ground builds to your holodeck ground builds? I'm very curious to hear how significant your ground battles have improved under this new skill tree.

For me, I have seen no improvement whatsoever. Almost all of my points on holodeck have been spent on space traits, I have very few allocated to ground. And I have no problem whatsoever during the new STFs (elite and normal), no problems with ground missions, or the new Defera invasion.

This has pretty much been my standard build; space gets the most points allocated and ground gets a few. And even back during the old STFs, I never had any real issue doing ground.

On tribble, now being forced to spend 25% of my skill points on ground, my ship is noticeably weaker, but I see no improvement in ground battles whatsoever.

So, again, I'm very curious to hear how much easier you find ground combat on tribble. How significant has your ground improved under this new skill tree compared to your holodeck character?

Right now, I can only see one reason people make posts like this: they are praising the new system strictly out of principle. "Skill revamp sounds great! The game is going to be balanced now! And everyone who is complaining about the changes is just mad because they don't have "leet" ships anymore."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
but the fact remains that this is a needed change.
No, the fact is, what actually is needed, is a total revamp of the ground system in and of itself. What all these changes are is tantamount to putting a smiley faced band-aid over a large, open wound. If cryptic is trying to make ground more appealing, they're going to have to change the feel and dynamic of ground based combat. Adding a generic shooter mode and forcing people to spend skill points on their ground character hasn't improved ground.

I still find it funny that the other "mode" is called RPG mode. I seriously wonder if anyone at cryptic has ever played an RPG. I've played quite a few in my days, and in no way does it feel like I'm playing a character while I'm running around scanning things or shooting things.