Lt. Commander
Designer Jeremy "BorticusCryptic" Randall catches up with STOked to talk about the Holiday Event in their latest episode.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2011, 03:59 PM
seeing the ship makes me sad.

I want!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3 yeah...
12-20-2011, 04:32 PM
I BET Cryptic is happy with the money they got from the winter packages, but (as the forums suggest) it left many people feeling cheated. Personally, I don't know why people would spend hundreds of dollars on the chance of getting a ship.

Crazy people huh...?
Lt. Commander
# 4 Good episode
12-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Jeremy was welcome back to STOked and said a lot of things I wanted to hear. Nice to know that I got my jem'hadar ship because he stuck up for me to get the red presents and veteran boffs.

Just keep supporting the players Borticus. Way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 5 bugs
12-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I just finished the rest of the video.

Well, this pretty much decided it for me. The best way of getting rid of bugs is via podcast. Who was it that recommended a podcast for that purpose (Nagus I think)? OR, maybe STOked should keep doing it since they're established. It leaves a lot of power in the hands of Jupiter Fleet, but if it gets the job done....
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-20-2011, 06:40 PM
as a member of the fleet i can say we dont get any extras and we have ay lest 2 members who have spent over $100 to get the bug no luck
me i got 2 boxs and was so mad that all i got was pets worth less then 50k EC
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 02:34 AM
I also think that some players (even if they work for podcasts supporting the game) should get such VERY rare items for FREE without any extra effort. That Jham'Hadar ship was wanted by everyone, and now I read that a few selected people (VIP's I guess) get those ships for FREE ... that's not right, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-27-2011, 05:04 AM
I liked how they actually mentioned for once that Cryptic was getting a lot of heat from the fans based on the decisions going on. Hopefully him and DStahl can recruit Captain Zero and Get things back on Track for STO before they find their fan base moved to a Galaxy far far away....

on the plus side though it IS nice to hear that He's fighting for the Users instead of rolling on top of a huge pile of money like the rest of Cryptic seems to be trying to do lately.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
I also think that some players (even if they work for podcasts supporting the game) should get such VERY rare items for FREE without any extra effort. That Jham'Hadar ship was wanted by everyone, and now I read that a few selected people (VIP's I guess) get those ships for FREE ... that's not right, sorry.
I am in Jupiter Force too and I can assure you that we dont get the privelledge of flying the new ship for being members. We are ordinary players of the game and I too spent over 30 on a load of pointless crates. I did get a photonic officer but now, looking back, I'd of rather spent a few EC's than wasting close to 50$ on nothing.

We enjoy the game and work together well. Thats the great thing about Jupiter force, as I'm sure all players would agree :-)
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bariman View Post
I BET Cryptic is happy with the money they got from the winter packages, but (as the forums suggest) it left many people feeling cheated. Personally, I don't know why people would spend hundreds of dollars on the chance of getting a ship.

Crazy people huh...?
Well you know the saying...

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

I think W.C. Fields says it best about this whole Jem'Hadar ship and event...

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it."