Lt. Commander
Quote:
Literary Challenge #9 : Shore Leave
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #9 : Shore Leave.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
My entry is here.

Hope you all enjoy. Feedback encouraged!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Mine is up, is a 2-Parter again, ending is rushed as I have anooying people being annoying at 3am, may edit it later to make it longer at a later date.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Bran_Flakes

I want to do these but the last one and this one seem restrictive.

For example i had an anomoly story i would love to have posted. but it was more than just a log entry and it was not based on the background listed. This time again its a Shore Leave story. OKies but what if i dont want my ship and crew coming off of the "assignment" suggested in the listing. and what if it is more than just a log entry?

You say there is no right or wrong answer.

So do we have more wiggle room in our stories or do we have to live by the exact premis in the listing?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Rayven, this is all for a bit of fun, so I see no reason why you couldn't post your existing story. BranFlakes also said that we should put it in a Captain's Log style entry, but if you read some of the other entries, they haven't done that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Bran_Flakes

I want to do these but the last one and this one seem restrictive.

For example i had an anomoly story i would love to have posted. but it was more than just a log entry and it was not based on the background listed. This time again its a Shore Leave story. OKies but what if i dont want my ship and crew coming off of the "assignment" suggested in the listing. and what if it is more than just a log entry?

You say there is no right or wrong answer.

So do we have more wiggle room in our stories or do we have to live by the exact premis in the listing?
As Bort1980 said, this is all for fun so you may write however you would like The background listed is just to give writers a platform to start from. I will make sure to add a "rule" in the next one that states that while I provide a background, you can tell any story on the topic you would like.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
As Bort1980 said, this is all for fun so you may write however you would like The background listed is just to give writers a platform to start from. I will make sure to add a "rule" in the next one that states that while I provide a background, you can tell any story on the topic you would like.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You just made my day there Brandon.

Infact earlier today i had went ahead and posted my anomoly threads. and am now working on the shoreleave one. i posted the prologue to it earlier

im working as quickly as a 2 year old and a 5 year ld will let me. its tough being a single parent 8P
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-28-2011, 09:39 PM
i've got my entry posted. I hope everyone enjoys it. Thank you for reading it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
i've got my entry posted. I hope everyone enjoys it. Thank you for reading it.
Oh Em Geeee Sori - that's awesome. Loved it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks to everyone who discussed Lit Challenge #9 in this thread. I am going to unsticky this now as I prepare to post #10. Feel free to keep discussing, though!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=