Lt. Commander
# 11
12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godamnkiwi View Post
OMG dude try reading the forums befor offering useless advise ! There are many people in Aussie,NZ,Germany,and a few other countrys with this problem ,how can it possible me an ISP problem ? think about it ? The problem is clearly with THERE network or there isp ,all tracerts clearly show that people are being blocked at cryptics border IP .Im glad your not having problems and can play ,It was the same for me ... played for 4 days with nps at all .Loged out to have dinner , couldnt log back in to website or server and that was 7 days ago ! Finaly got a reply from a GM in my support ticket after 7 days (sad) After explaning in detail what has been happening ,info from my isp who are saying my ip has been black listed or blocked along cryptics network .Included a copy of my tracert the shows where im being blocked !! His reply was try downloading internet explorer 8 as we only suport internet explorer 8 and if the problem persests update or put a new ticket in !!!!! Are you ####ing kidding me Cryptic ? Im sorry but i am still laughing to myself and that was a few hours ago , seems the gms or Devs or whatever in this game havent got a clue , so that leaves me thinking what hope do i have of getting this sorted ? I say slim to none considering you can trace this problem back months on the forums and nothing has been done about !! very sad state of affiars im affraid , hopeless costomer support, clueless gms and Devs , all in all a real crappy product , so long shove your game
First of all i said too check with there ISP its best too know And second i do read the whole post and third don't come poping off on me when i am trying to help.I am not a GM or DEV.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-26-2011, 09:22 PM
I am STILL having issues, 7 days in and no joy, I am sending emails to cogentco.com (the registered woner of the last location), but what I find interesting is that the tracert for my VPN connection uses a totally different route, and works fine, I wonder if the issue is one of the route points along the way?

I would really love to get this fixed it is kind of annoying at the moment.

Would it be possible to get some tracert's for WORKING connections so that we can identify commonality between them and maybe work out where our connection stops working?

**And I just got a reply from them says 'sorry it isn't our problem' trying what my be the next link internap.com
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-26-2011, 09:55 PM
I know I have not had any problems until now, the game keeps freezing during load screen, like when you go from one space sector to another it just say " Server not responding " please not it know happens when playing STO not when playing any other game or program.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-26-2011, 10:32 PM
To start im always disconnected from server(well alot randomly)...but the big issue is starting today at approx. 11pm CST while im in game for about 5 mins then the game starts making a buzzing noise and freezes up on me...locks up my whole computer until it disconnects me from server and then everything is fine... my laptop works fine while not in the game...but ya im consistently losing connection to your game and i have well over the minimum specs on my pc and all graphics set fairly low so im not understanding what exactly this noise/freezing could be from, it just started doing this tonight and i've been playing over a week on this same machine with no noise/freezing only random disconnects from servers.

*NOTE* I have all video card/direct x/java/flash player/router/wifi card drivers/firmware updated and ports 7000-7500 open on my router
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-27-2011, 10:07 AM
help still?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-27-2011, 12:43 PM
ok folks here is cryptic's reply after 9 days and there answer to the problem , please let me no if this in anyway helps you or sloves your problem ......

Greetings, I am sorry for any problems you may have been experiencing while playing Star Trek Online. The launcher uses Internet Explorer 8 as the default browser and it is necessary to ensure that is installed prior to attempting to troubleshoot any issues. With that said, please conduct a Net Test to help confirm the results of the Traceroute. The Cryptic Net Test tool can be used to identify any potential problems related to the Ports the game uses. If the required ports are blocked or filtered it can lead to data loss causing disconnections, patching issues, lag and corruption. Please utilize the steps provided to run our Net Test tool: 1. Download the tool by clicking this link and save it to your desktop http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe 2. Double click the file and let the program run 3. If any of the numbers in the second column come back as less than 250 KB/sec, then you are experiencing a connection issue. - Cryptic Studios Technical Support

I am really starting to get ****ed tbh , after telling these tards over and over i can not access the website or game , sending the tracert that clearly shows i can get all the way to cryptic's border ip then am completely blocked !!!! There answer is to send me a link to a website that i can not access , are you guys for real ? Do you actually read peoples tickets ? tbh i get the feeling im talking to a god damned robot or something and one with very poor intelligents at that ,
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-27-2011, 02:57 PM
That is a good response.. they actually gave some relevant details.. unlike the response I got which was - have you tested it on IE8 - at least now I know why they wanted me to do that..

If you use an alternate route, you can download the tool they have suggested. I am browsing these forums via my PC, using the TOR network, which can be found here:

https://www.torproject.org/download/...d-easy.html.en

This works because it bounces the route through many different servers, and avoids the problem with the ip being blocked..

I ran their test and I have created another support ticket with the results along with a tracert ... see what happens now that it is post christmas.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-27-2011, 03:20 PM
I have also updated my ticket with the netstat details
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Hia
I updated my ticket as well and the responce was very fast this time !

Greetings, I am sorry for any problems you may have been experiencing while playing Star Trek Online. The following issue has been escalated for further investigation. Once the investigation has been completed, a representative will contact you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we attempt to resolve this matter. Regards, Cryptic Support

At least they seem to be listening now and are investigating this further.Good one and thanks cryptic ,now i guess its just a waiting game to see what they come up with , i will let everyone no when they contact me again .
Untill then good luck everyone and have a happy newyear