Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
There are a variety of traits and skills which enhance melee; some specify physical damage improvements while others don't. Likewise for energy weapon enhancing skills, where some enhance ranged according to their description and others don't specify.

I would like to know:

- If we can expect more energy melee weapons. The Klingon painkstik and Ferengi energy whip seem like contenders.

- What skills will give them a boost. The current holodeck versions are bugged and just do physical damage.

I'd wanted to build a character whose traits were all based around melee energy weapons but obviously it's a bit late for that now.

With the ground revamp on Tribble, now might be a good time to clarify what skills will affect melee energy weapons... and physical ranged weapons like projectile guns, for that matter.

I'm kinda hoping that the energy melee weapons will get a boost from energy weapon skills as this would make them equally good for non-Tac classes who want to run as primarily melee fighters but may have avoided doing so because they can't skill into melee. On the other hand, it would be bizarre if they introduced a tommygun later and Tac's physical hand-to-hand damage boost favored them using it.

Also... I kinda dislike that the Borg will adapt to them in the January patch although they seem novel for non-Borg and MAY be a really nice choice for a melee engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I am going to forward this thread to the J-man to see if he can clarify this for us

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Just watched the episode today where Warf's mate dies, Picard picks the new Klingon leader and Warf gets his son Alexander, so the pain stick from that episode even though not useful would be fun to have.

The Ferengi whip, even more so, but can it come with a Tasha Yar plaything? :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I am going to forward this thread to the J-man to see if he can clarify this for us

We would appreciate that. (^__^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Just watched the episode today where Warf's mate dies, Picard picks the new Klingon leader and Warf gets his son Alexander, so the pain stick from that episode even though not useful would be fun to have.

The Ferengi whip, even more so, but can it come with a Tasha Yar plaything? :p

The painstick is stated to have the ability to rupture living creatures. I would imagine that it would have a high Expose chance as well.

I liked Tasha. It was sad to see her go, especially in THAT way.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2011, 07:15 PM
So yeah how long till this hits the C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
...and Ferengi energy whip....
The whip was used solely as a distance weapon.

Also, I seem to recall that the engine has issues with "whip-ish" things, specifically the involved physics. I believe that's why we've never seen a whip-based set or whip using enemies in Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-27-2011, 10:27 PM
They could just use a set animation instead of trying to work in proper physics. Most people probably would not notice as they would be too busy focusing on the enemy.