Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy > Player Guides
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Does ground tech drop only in certain STFs like space tech?

I know for space Infected - Engines, Cure - Deflector, KA - Shield, or something like that. Is it similar for the ground tech drops?
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-28-2011, 12:16 PM
i have done over 280 stfs now and 60 or so is elite. i still not got prototype or salvage yet it makes me mad guys have got these borg arms not me. gotten the mk xii shields deflecotors and such not me... whos but do i need to kiss......
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-28-2011, 12:58 PM
the borg "Arm" weapons are from the Defari invasion zones not STF's

I would like to see the pick up for set gear simplified and directly with the item vendors.. The two step process feel clunky. Use Commander Roxy for redeaming EDC's tokens and salvage for Dilithium and getting the DOFF's. Use the Federation and KDF space and ground officers for the rest. Theres allready a interface function that greys out the items you cannot aquire. The entries could easily be consolidaded by noting the price as X or X.

I'd like to see Commander Roxy have more DOFF variety.. These are currently 1 tactical and 1 security each Blue or Purple quality per faction.. and its hard to destinguish which faction they are.. Its surprising to me that there are no Engineering, Operations, Science, and Medical Borg DOFF's availible from the vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Thank you for the post Six-of-Nine. I will be referring back to it if/when I get around to STFing.

It's too bad the in-game STF store/currency is so complicated that it requires (no offense) a wall of text to explain.

It should be:
1) Play mission, get rewarded "STF currency."
2) Go to Store.
3) Open store UI, purchase items you want with STF Currency.
4) Return to play.
Cryptic has gone out of their way to "dumb down" the game so all the Freepers will be able to play with little to no effort. I don't get why the STFs were made more complicated.

But anyway, this thread's not about complaints. Sorry. Thanks again for the primer.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post

I know for space Infected - Engines, Cure - Deflector, KA - Shield, or something like that. Is it similar for the ground tech drops?
Body Armor - KA
Personal Shields - Infected
Weapon - Cure
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Really good post, helped me a lot. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
why when they made an effort to simplify the in-game currency, did they ever dream up this complicated reward token system?

drop rates are bad, I think the drop rates should scale with the number of stf's completed. That would limit the grind as the probability would approach 100% the more stf's you ran.

Giving away the borg set for one run of the STF's was too easy, but today it seems crazy hard. Cryptic should reward the players who are out there busting their butts to get these items....GO STF Raiders !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:

I've pulled a shield off of infected. Its the only borg tech I have pulled so far. (Not even using it... Would mess up my set, waiting until I recieve all parts.)
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:

Yes.

Infected - Personal Shield tech
Cure - Weapon tech
KA - Armor tech.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Very helpful - thanks for this.