Lt. Commander
# 11
12-27-2011, 11:25 PM
That was actually right out of the movie's sequel setup (despite the lack of a sequel). Data downloaded his entire memory, knowledge, and experience into B4 hoping it would jump start his underdeveloped brain. After he died, when Picard was trying to explain to B4 what happened to Data, B4 started singing part of a song Data had been singing at the start of the film.

After the events of the film, Data's plan eventually worked, he jump started B4's brain and took over his body. Somehow, despite the Soong Foundation turning from a scientific organization into a civil rights group for artificial life forms, nobody had the slightest ethical problem with Data erasing his brother and stealing his body.

Data set himself up for the same return that Spock did by mind melding with McCoy just before throwing himself down the warp core. Star Trek loves killing characters, but its loathe to actually let them go. Even the one that didn't leave death's door open behind her managed to return through a time traveling half Romulan baby.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDocToR_DeaThxX
ok there's another thing...i thought Data was destroyed in Nemesis because he ended up blowing himself up along with that big romulan ship that the Enterprise-E rammed...how did he get ressurected? I don't think the nexis is anywhere near romulan space, lol. Does anybody know if there is a story explaining on how Data managed to survive a warp core breach?(assuming that's what ultimately destroyed that Romulan ship).
Data's body was destroyed but after a while his data, memories, and personality were put into the body of the other Soong type android from Nemesis, B4...

As for the Odyssey Class, the class would have been created for new ships, with the Enterprise-E still the Flagship of Starfleet. It would have been planned for replacement anyway, or another refit.
Remember, every Enterprise except the TOS and the D was originally destined to be another ship, until the previous Enteprise was destroyed, when it was renamed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
ok there's another thing...i thought Data was destroyed in Nemesis because he ended up blowing himself up along with that big romulan ship that the Enterprise-E rammed...how did he get ressurected? I don't think the nexis is anywhere near romulan space, lol. Does anybody know if there is a story explaining on how Data managed to survive a warp core breach?(assuming that's what ultimately destroyed that Romulan ship).
Might I suggest you go back and read the Path to 2409?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
So you haven't been collecting 'History Datachips' for the Academy 'Lore' mission??? (Data's Fate is described there....Vol 6, Chapter 3...)
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
So you haven't been collecting 'History Datachips' for the Academy 'Lore' mission??? (Data's Fate is described there....Vol 6, Chapter 3...)
I never heard about this. Where/how to i find this mission? Is it down at Starfleet Academy?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
I never heard about this. Where/how to i find this mission? Is it down at Starfleet Academy?
Yes. Round building near the water, same as the doff commendation store. Talk to the quest giver at the back of the room, they have two missions. History 101 and History 102. Take 101 and check the computer on her desk for a data chip that gives you an accolade, in the accolade's text is an excerpt from the Path to 2409. History 102 just asks you a question from a random part of Path to 2409 (not necessarily a part you have the data chip for) and gives you dilithium if you answer correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-28-2011, 02:57 PM
The Enterprise E was launched in 2372. The module design was not implemented at that time. In had a refit done between 2375 to 2379. Then the battle with the Scimitar took place.

We know it had another major refit take place before the revived Data took charge in 2386.

That means the ship is thirty seven years old and Data has been its commander for twenty three of those years.

I think that CBS and Cryptic can say that this ship that was never designed to use modules and has had over 35 years in service can be safely retired and decommissioned without having to blow it up for stories sake. Refits can only do so much, and 23 years is a long time since the last one.

I was even thinking of making a Foundry mission where one has to help get the original Sovereign back to Sol for decommissioning. Though that one would be replaced by a 'modern' Sovereign class.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverius View Post
The Enterprise E was launched in 2372. The module design was not implemented at that time. In had a refit done between 2375 to 2379. Then the battle with the Scimitar took place.

We know it had another major refit take place before the revived Data took charge in 2386.

That means the ship is thirty seven years old and Data has been its commander for twenty three of those years.

I think that CBS and Cryptic can say that this ship that was never designed to use modules and has had over 35 years in service can be safely retired and decommissioned without having to blow it up for stories sake. Refits can only do so much, and 23 years is a long time since the last one.

I was even thinking of making a Foundry mission where one has to help get the original Sovereign back to Sol for decommissioning. Though that one would be replaced by a 'modern' Sovereign class.
So, look at the tos enterprise refit that ship lasted longer than the enterprise e. DId you know that the nem sovy we see is actually half done refit, they were going to finish it of at the end of nemesis but due to budget reasons the E is left in spacedock. So it had to refit one inbetween insurrection and nemesis and another one done at the end of nemeis. Is a shame really the design of the schimatic make the finalised E looks more tough hyet still sexy.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAK47 View Post
Remember, every Enterprise except the TOS and the D was originally destined to be another ship, until the previous Enteprise was destroyed, when it was renamed.
The only two ships you could possibly make a case for this statement with are the 1701-A and the 1701-E.

There is no evidence that the Enterprise-B was ever intended to be any other ship. At the end of Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, the Enterprise-A is ordered home to be decommissioned. Kirk's tour of inspection aboard the Enterprise-B is supposed to take place some time thereafter.

As for the Enterprise-C, I can't say for sure what Starfleet had planned. There is no canonical record of the Enterprise-B's ultimate fate.

The Enterprise-C was destroyed in battle defending a Klingon outpost against a Romulan attack. The Galaxy-class did not enter service until quite some time later, and during the period between the C's destruction and the launch of the D, there were no other ships named Enterprise. I think it is a safe bet to say that Starfleet had the opportunity to plan a ship to be the C's successor.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-28-2011, 07:56 PM
The real reason the Enterprise-E isn't in the game: Cryptic doesn't have the rights to use it. CBS is still making money off of the Enterprise-E from pocket books, so to have it missing in STO is the only way to reconcile its absence.

It's safe to say that the Enterprise-E will never be in STO, just like the JJ Abrams Enterprise will not be in STO. Cryptic might be able to resolve what happened to it, eventually, but I doubt it. CBS would rather leave it's fate open.